Move or Rename

Which version of Keyboard Maestro was easier to move things in? I don’t believe the action has change dmuch since it was first introduced.

Perhaps you’d like to describe the action you would like to see, what parameters it would have and what behaviour it would exhibit?

Thanks for your reply. I don't remember which version, but I was with you since the very early days and I became addicted to KBM due to its logical ease of use. I quit using KBM when it went so "codingly". Only upgraded because there were a couple control commands that I needed that were somewhat easy, although they would not transfer form a previous version and had to be recreated, you had to troubleshoot with me and we discovered the OS has also "evolved" to be more complicated. Anyway . . . .

I want to do is move a selected file to a predesignated location. One that is proving to be problematic and that is paths. I use the paths that the app put in when I selected the destination. Also why have a origin? Please see screen grab.

What file are you trying to move? You cannot move your Desktop folder, which is what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to move the selected file in the Finder?

That’s the problem, it’s no specific file until after it or they are selected. The action needs to act on whatever file(s) happens to be selected. The origin is not the Desktop, that’s just something I put in there to trouble shoot when I took the shot. Logically I would leave that empty. Although the origin will mostly be a “file” on the"Desktop" to be moved to a specific folder.

How to work with the Finder's Selection is described here:

Which specifically includes a simple example of moving the selected files in the Finder to a specified folder.