Multiple groups when importing macro group into KM9

I know I read another post regarding this but now I can't find it.

My named group of 273 macros has imported into KM9 as 273 individual groups. How do I fix that? Is this a bug or a feature?

My fix was to select ALL groups, allowing all macros to be selected in "Macros" column, then drag them all into one group and delete the empty groups.

I'm having the same issue.

I will look in to this issue shortly, after I release 9.0.1. Hopefully for 9.0.2.

1 Like

If I update to KM 9 with Macro Groups already installed they do not break into multiple groups. This only happens when importing KM8 groups into KM9.

This is resolved for 9.0.2. It is not a version8/9 export issue. Keyboard Maestro 9.0-9.0.1 does this when importing with groups that have application targeting.

Fixed for 9.0.2.


I realize this issue will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime:

I find if I install any macro update groups BEFORE upgrading to KM v9 I can avoid the need to merging the multiple groups into one. Hope this will help those deploying on multiple computers.

Edit: Of course, the caveat is that KM v9-specific features (such as "Best vs. Unique" found image) are lost.