Navigate to multiple folders

First of all, thank you to all the people who have been so helpful on all of my posts.

To be brief, I use a conflict menu to navigate to often-used folders. It looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.36.05 PM

It is starting to get unwieldy (You will notice there are two "B"s in the conflict menu). And now I would like to see if this menu can be branched to other conflict menus according to categories. I don't mind renaming my macros to accommodate things as long as their names make sense in the "branching" sense.

I would like to continue using the core macro that I am using because I can easily duplicate and adapt it to any target folder. Example:

GO TO TECHNOLOGY.kmmacros (3.6 KB)

I am now using a ScanSnap scanner that has a function that sends a scanned document to any folder you tell it to. But with a pile of documents to scan to different folders in one session it is tedious to navigate to each folder after each scan. I know how I would like these branched conflict menus to look. Basically folders within folders. But ultimately the final macro in the series (?) would be the target folder for the given document.

I am guessing, though, that I will have to be careful about triggers (or maybe not?)

Many thanks ahead of time.

Hi, @Polyvox. They aren't Conflict Palettes, but you can easily create nested palettes with the Show Palette of Macros action.

If you use that action, I also recommend that you check out this post by @noisneil:

Show a Palette of Macros - Auto-Create and Populate

1 Like