Need Advice Getting KM to Navigate Window With Mini-Menus

These particular menus are stubborn. The goal is to select this item:

goal

I can get KM to click the menu, and I can get it to move the mouse to "Native Instruments," but I cannot get it to move the mouse to the right to trigger the secondary menu. I can only get as far as the right edge of the first menu. (I do so using Move Mouse to 110,0 from the Current Mouse Location.)

(NOTE: Since the cursor isn't captured in screenshots, I've indicated its position with a red arrow.)

furthest%20I%20can%20get

But I need to go further to the right in order to activate the secondary menu. However, if I change the Move value to anything more than 110, the secondary menu is never triggered. Instead, it just disappears.

secondary%20menu%20never%20appears

I'm really stumped by this. Any suggestions?

[MODERATOR: Would it be possible to enable a "preview" feature for our posts, the way many other forums do? Often, there are tweaks to be made, and it would be helpful to be able to see our posts as they'll appear before we actually post them.] :blush:

Hey @soundsgood,

Try type-selecting using an Insert Text by Typing action instead of clicking at found image.

You can type-select to get to the desired item and then user a Type a Keystroke action to Right-Arrow into a sub-menu or Return to select an item.

If that works then you're set.

Otherwise you should probably turn ON Reduce-Transparency in the System Accessibility Prefs.

-Chris

The forum editor already has a preview...

Look at the lower right-hand corner of the editing panel.

-Chris

Blockquote

I really appreciate the reply. However, it seems you've misunderstood.

• I'm not using Click at Found Image.

• I'm very familiar with Insert Text by Typing (ITbT), which typically works well. But with these menus, although ITbT will cause KM to highlight the correct item, they don't actually get "activated," because these menus require the cursor to actually hover over the item.

Here's what happens when I use ITbT to type "Native Instruments." The item is correctly highlighted, but the cursor remains at its original position (red arrow), so the secondary menu isn't activated.

cursor%20remains

That's why I'm using Move and Click to move the cursor over "Native Instruments," which does reveal the secondary menu. But that's where the actual problem begins: I can't get KM to move the cursor to the right to select the secondary menu.

If you're so inclined, please review my original post again for a description of the issue from that point.

Awesome. Thanks!

Hey @soundsgood,

Hmm...

What app are you working in?

What happens when you type-select to get to the first sub-menu title and then have KM hit the Return keystroke?

That doesn't work?

The cursor must be over the sub-menu title to get it to open?

But you can't get the cursor into the opened sub-menu without it disappearing?

What happens if you click-and-drag from the highlight into the sub-menu?

-Chris

Digital Performer 10

No. The Return keystroke closes the mini menu.

Yes.

Correct.

The menu closes.

I appreciate the suggestions. It appears these mini menus have been constructed in a nonstandard way. I've successfully created similar macros in other applications, but this one just isn't cooperating.

Quite.

Very annoying.

-Chris