Need to flush cache

I just purchased Maestro and was experimenting with it; I input the letter G as a trigger.

Now every time I key in G, it open a folder (my specified action while I was experimenting). I removed the shortcut from Maestro but I continue to get this reaction (the opening of the folder when I key in the letter G). I actually deleted all of the actions I had set up in Maestro.

The only way I can get this to stop is to shut down the Maestro engine.

I have removed and re-added the Maestro application. No luck.

Any ideas regarding how to fix this? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Whenever a macro is triggered, the name of the macro is written in the keyboard maestro engine log file. If you open that file, you will see the name of the macro that was triggered when you press the letter G. I have a feeling that you didn’t delete all the macros so you might see the name of the macro that is still triggering, even though you thought all your macros were deleted.

In order to open the folder where the log file is, you can use the help menu in the Keyboard Maestro editor, which has an item to open the log folder.

Another possible trick to use here is to open the debugger window, but I’ll show you how to do that once you’ve checked the log file and you still don’t have an answer.

Got it. That worked. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Best to avoid keys that you will need for other purposes.

1. Try combining letters with unused permutations of ⇧, ⌥, ^, ⌘ etc
  2. Group macros which you use only with particular applications. By limiting the scope of the group, you also limit where triggers with in are detected.