New actions requested for video and audio input

I wish to see an action in KM that takes a snapshot from the iSight camera. Even better would be if the action could let me specify from any available video source available on my computer (or perhaps any computer on my network.) I did search the web for utilities that can do this, but one of them got a bad review (for security), one is obsolete, and I just don’t like installing unknown software. While writing this post, just now, I did discover that macOS’s Automator has the ability to do this with an action called “Take Video Snapshot” (is that an oxymoron?). It does give that annoying 3-5 second alarm/window. Actually, even with that delay it still may suit my needs. I don’t really need stealth for my photo (I’m not taking pictures of people, but equipment) what I need is speed. It also FORCES me to use the screen flash, which complicates things for me. If Automator can take pictures with an action, then maybe KM can also.

On a different I/O subject, I’d also like an action to fetch the Audio Input level. I.e., the same thing you see when you open System Preferences / Sound / Input and then look at the Input Level bar. Even better, a KM trigger could be activated when the volume reaches a certain level. Currently I have actually achieved this by purchasing a product called Audio Hijack Pro, and created a Custom Silence Monitor that causes a file to be created when audio reaches a certain volume. KM monitors the folder, and when a new file is created I have detected volume at a certain level. It’s a complex and expensive (and delay-prone) solution for a simple requirement.

Both of these are on the todo list (suggested by you previously I believe).