Newbie Question about basic macro - Toggle "Mirror Displays" on Mac OS

SOLVED! - I learned about the find and click image feature. Awesome!

Sorry for the newbie question but I'm just getting started with KM. How would I go about creating a single hotkey action to mirror displays on Mac OS? I got the first part that will open System Preferences and the Displays Panel. Not sure how to then move over to the arrangement window and select, or unselect, MIRROR DISPLAYS. I'm not really a script or coding type person. Is there a simple, reliable way to do this? Thanks for any advice.

Howdy, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

This can be done with AppleScript, however it would be beneficial to include what OS you’re using so somebody with that same OS can help out.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this tutorial, I highly recommend it. It will help you get the most help for your question.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

-Chris

Will do thank you! OS is 10.15.7 (Catalina) sadly. I'm on a company computer.

Ooph... that stinks. I don’t have any devices running Catalina but I know several knowledgable members here do, and they‘re far more experienced than I am anyway so you’re better off in their hands. :sweat_smile:

Thank you! I actually made some progress and figured this first one out on my own. I love this app! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Great! Always nice when a project comes together. I’ll mark this thread as solved but feel free to keep posting if you have more questions or issues.

Thank you. Great to be part of the group!

1 Like

What was your solution?