Notifications via Pushover service & Keyboard Maestro

I’ve posted a plug-in action that allows you to send notifications to the Pushover service. Notifications can be sent to iOS, Android or desktop computers.

I’ve posted the plug-in, along with instructions on my git hub page:
Pushover Plug-in on GitHub

The Pushover service is free and you’ll need to create an application API key to use the Pushover plug-in. Pushover allows 7,500 notifications/month per user for free so unless you’re sending a lot of notifications it should remain free for you.

Thanks @kvanh! This plugin works great. One request (for an update). Now that pushover supports optional URL (and url_title) could you include those as well?

I’ve now tested this Plug-In with Keyboard Maestro 8 and all seems to be working.
Also @johns I’ve added URL and URL Title options to the module.

GitHub has all the changes:
Keyboard Maestro Pushover Notifications Plug-In

Note: If you overwrite your existing PushoverNotification.scpt file with the new one on GitHub, you’ll need to re-enter your API information in the file.

:thumbsup:

FYI @kvanh – I’m getting an error running the script

~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions/Pushover Notifications/PushoverNotification.scpt: execution error: Can’t get text 1 thru 14 of "Test title". (-1728)

When invoking the following action

Send a notification via Pushover
Priority: Normal
Title: Notification Title
Notification Message:
HTML formatted notification message. Go here <a href=‘http://test.com'>Here</a>
URL Title:
Test title
URL:
http://google.com
Notification Sound: User Default
Display trimmed results in a window.

I submitted a pull request on github, but until/unless it is merged you can find the fix here:

The optional values would fail if their length was less than the default values.

Pull request accepted. Thanks. There’s got to be a simpler way to compare strings in AppleScript that I’m missing.

You know, I didn’t even think about that, I just blindly got rid of the error.

I believe you can do if UrlTitle is "Optional title"?
If not that then (UrlTitle as string) is "Optional title" should work.

Sorry, no time to test right this minute.

Hi @kvanh, thanks a lot for this great plugin!

Works really well, even in KM 6. I was wondering: In January Pushover introduced the pushing of images, see here.

Is there any chance to have this feature included in the plugin? Would be great if you could attach an image file.

Thanks again!

Ok, I added a file attachment feature now (and did some fixes to the alter sound settings) and made a pull request on GitHub. @kvanh Maybe you want to merge it?

For others, the plugin including the file attachment feature can be downloaded here.