Get Text From ScreenShot
Author: 2014 by Montgomery Newcom
This Keyboard Maestro plug-in will attempt to extract text from the
specified screen coordinates.
- Install MacPorts (“ports”):
- Install Image Magick from ports:
$ sudo port install ImageMagick
- Install Tesseract from ports:
$ sudo port install tesseract
- Install language files for Tesseract, eg.:
$ sudo port install tesseract-eng
- Drop the “Get Text From ScreenShot.zip” file on the Keyboard Maestro
application dock icon to install it.
- You must delete the “Get Text From ScreenShot” folder from
"~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions/"
before installing the upgrade.
$ rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Keyboard\ Maestro/Keyboard\ Maestro\ Actions/Get\ Text\ From\ ScreenShot
- Add “Get Text From ScreenShot” action from the "Third Party Plug Ins"
action category to your macro.
- Specify the area to inspect and what you would like to do with the output.
- X: absolute, screen X coordinate
- Y: absolute, screen Y coordinate
- Width: distance, in pixels, to move right of X
- Height: distance, in pixels, to move down from Y
- Results paths: specify a variable or clipboard for text
2014-12-11 Initial version 2014-12-19 Cleanup and documentation (README.txt) 2014-01-14 0.0.1 released 2014-01-15 0.0.2 use $PATH to find tools 2014-01-16 0.0.3 added User Interactive checkbox added Remove Newline options (None, All, Join, Trailing) - "None" will make no changes to tesseract output - "All" will remove all newlines - "Join" removes all newlines, then joins lines with spaces - "Trailing" removes trailing newlines reworked newline munging to avoid perl call