Opening applications on multiple monitors and multiple desktops using Mac's Mission Control

Hello.

I just purchased Keyboard Maestro because I'd like to use it for one specific thing, for starters.

When I start my Mac to work, I open about 7 or 8 apps.

I have three monitors, and like to have 2-3 apps open on the second (left) monitor - all maximized and on their own desktop (using Mission Control), 2-3 apps open on the third (right) monitor - all maximized and on their own desktop (using Mission Control). And then, open on my MacBook Pro monitor - all maximized and on their own desktop (using Mission Control).

But here's the thing...

I can't seem to get even one app to open on the right or left monitor after attempting to do this with a macro.

Can anyone tell me how I can set up the above? I thought I'd be able to figure this out, but I'm struggling with this. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Jason,

Take a look at these threads and see if they help.

Move and resize window in another screen

Move window to next screen, and maintain its position

And don't forget the wiki.

Manipulate a Window action – you can enter calculations instead of points.

Windows user manual section

You need to understand that you have to reference the correct screen in the action.

NOTE – Keyboard Maestro can't control macOS Spaces, because Apple in their infinite wisdom has never provided a public API for it. (Peter won't implement anything that requires hacking the OS, so only things that have APIs are available to KM.)

-Chris

A post was split to a new topic: Finding My Keyboard Maestro License

Hi. Has the situation changed with macOS Spaces? I was looking at KM to achieve something similar.

No, there remains no API for controlling Spaces.

Thanks for clarifying.