Outlook 2011 Mac Macro to GoTo Top Level Inbox

This KM Macro provides a way to go to the top level Inbox (of all accounts), and the top email message.

The common AppleScript to go to Inbox, goes to the inbox of the default account. If your Outlook 2011 Mac has multiple accounts, this macro is needed to go to the top level Inbox that includes ALL accounts.

Download here:
OL Reset - Go to Inbox Top Message.kmmacros (6.5 KB)

Macro:

Great work, man. A small improvement to wrap this all up in a single (slightly unweildy) AppleScript:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook" to get name of main window 1

set winName to result

tell application "System Events" to tell application process "Microsoft Outlook"
	tell (first window whose name is winName) to set value of text field "search" of group 1 of toolbar 1 to ""
end tell

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
	set view of main window 1 to mail view
	set selected folder to inbox
end tell

tell application "Microsoft Outlook" to get name of main window 1

set winName to result

tell application "System Events" to tell application process "Microsoft Outlook"
	tell (first window whose name is winName)
		select item 1 of row 1 of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1
	end tell

try
		click menu item "Clear All Filters" of menu 1 of menu item Filters of menu 1 of menu bar item "View" of menu bar 1
	end try

end tell

Thanks.

Unfortunately, when I try your script, I get this error:

error "System Events got an error: Can’t set text field "search" of group 1 of toolbar 1 of window 1 of application process "Microsoft Outlook" whose name = "Searching Current Folder - All Accounts" to ""." number -10006

on this statement:

tell (first window whose name is winName) to set value of text field "search" of group 1 of toolbar 1 to ""

What version of Outlook are you running? This is working every time for me in Outlook 2016.

Outlook 2011

I don’t have 2011 handy. You could try commenting out that line and see
what happens. Should be a relatively small modification to get it where you
need it to be.

Thanks, but the macro I posted at the top is working very well for me in Outlook 2011.