Palette Trigger Text

Is it possible to specify a custom text for the trigger on a palette? The trigger for one of the items on my palette is the '<' symbol, which shows up as "⇧,". Is it possible to have it show as '<'? The same would apply to other symbols, such as those accessed via Shift plus a number.

Thanks.

Hey Scott,

Open up the Palette Style in the macro group.

• Turn OFF ⇢ [✓] Trigger.
  • Change the names of your macros to show the triggers the way you want.

-Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. Is it possible to insert a tab in the name so that "my" trigger appears at the right edge of the palette? I've attached a screenshot of what I have at this point (and the version with the triggers). The real issue with the default triggers is that the period and comma are so small that it is difficult to distinguish between them.

-Scott
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 6.22.53 PM
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 6.29.00 PM

Sure – press the Option-key when typing Tab in the macro name field.

• This is a feature of macOS and not just Keyboard Maestro.

Try making the palette font size bigger.

Thanks. I'd rather not increase the font size because that increases the size of the name as well.

I am able to get the Option-Tab to work. I do have to insert multiple tabs to move the custom triggers to the right edge, but I can do that.

Thanks for your help.

Yep.

That kind of text field has no concept of a right-tab, so you have to live with fixed-width tabs.

One more thought.

Sometimes you can find Unicode characters or other symbols to replace your text that are in somewise more legible.