Paste action causes a 'new line' or CR in MS Outlook

In a message editor in MS Outlook 2016, if I select text, cmd-c and cmd-v the selected text is replaced with what's in the clipboard and there is no change.

Example:
Lorem ipsum dlor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean a odio eu eros porta convallis.
Donec id arcu justo. Duis imperdiet ultricies enim porta finibus.

However, if my macro COPY the select text to System Clipboard, Apply Style to System Clipboard (Foreground Blue), then PASTE, the line is broken up.

Example:
Lorem ipsum dlor sit amet
, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean a odio eu eros porta convallis.
Donec id arcu justo. Duis imperdiet ultricies enim porta finibus.

Is there no way to prevent this?
I'm trying to create several macros to change the font color and changing it within the clipboard seemed to be the easiest way but not now.

That has not been my experience. Please post/upload your macro (click here for instructions).

If you are trying to change the styling of text already in Outlook, then I would use the Outlook Edit tools. They work well for me in Outlook 2011.

Here it is

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.2 “Color Text Blue” Macro

Color Text Blue.kmmacros (2.4 KB)

Works fine for me running Microsoft Outlook 14.7.2 (Office 2011) on macOS 10.12.6

Note that when I selected the text, I was careful to NOT select the entire line -- just the text on the line:

Huh. Not working for me.
If I select text and cmd-c cmd-v right over the top of the selected text it replaces it without adding anything.
If I select the text and run the macro, it breaks the line.
I tried it in TextEdit.app and it works as expected.

Maybe it's a difference between OL 2011 and OL 2016.
I'm running Microsoft Outlook 14.7.2 (14.7.2) on macOS 10.12.6.

KM-Demo-Apply-Style-OL

yeah, possible. or just some other MS weirdness.

Well, as I was preparing this message I was able to stumble myself into an Apple Script solution that works perfectly.

activate application "Microsoft Outlook"
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Microsoft Outlook"
		-- insert GUI Scripting statements here:
		tell menu button 4 of group 3 of scroll area 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 to perform action "AXShowMenu"
		click radio button 69 of group 1 of group 1 of window 1
	end tell
end tell

The Radio Button # corresponds to the location in the pop-up and I think they don't change much.
I'm going to post this separate for anyone looking to do what I've done.
Posted here: Keyboard Maestro 8.2.2 “MS Outlook Color Text Blue” Macro