Paste Plain Text Macro Stopped Working

I have a macro to set the system clipboard text to plain text and paste the text. But it stopped working. When I type the shortcut, nothing is pasted...

The Engine log shows that Keyboard Maestro knows the shortcut has been activated. I've tried many times, both in Word and in other word processors.

2020-08-01 10:24:51 Execute macro “PastePlainText” from trigger The Hot Key ⇧⌘V is pressed
2020-08-01 10:24:52 Execute macro “PastePlainText” from trigger The Hot Key ⇧⌘V is pressed
2020-08-01 10:25:46 Execute macro “PastePlainText” from trigger The Hot Key ⇧⌘V is pressed
2020-08-01 10:25:47 Execute macro “PastePlainText” from trigger The Hot Key ⇧⌘V is pressed

Edit:
I guess I could simply use filter clipboard action (wondering what is the difference)?
But does not work either.

Hi, this happened to me a while back and the problem was my system clipboard was empty! What's in yours?

Problem solved by adding 0.1 second pause between the actions.
I don't know why though...If the paste action is activated too quickly before the text was set to plain style, it should paste the original styled text. But nothing was copied instead...

1 Like

No. Mine was not empty. As I just replied to myself. After adding 0.1 second of pause the macro behaves as expected. If it happens to you again, try add a pause and see if it works for you.

Gotcha. Cheers.

I have found that very often a KM Macro that is not working properly can be fixed by adding or increasing a small Pause.

3 Likes

It worked fine on my 6-year old mac. The problem is with the new mac. My tentative conclusion is that the more powerful the mac is, the more likely we need to add or increase a Pause. :joy: