Pause Until Dynamically Started Application Is at the Front

I'm new to KM and am trying to create a "utility" macro that I can call and pass a parameter to that represents the path to an application that I want to launch. I want to launch the application and then wait for it to load and then perform a series of movements (to a specific, targeted screen/monitor) and then zoom the application.

I have found the "%TriggeValue%" is the input parameter and am able to successfully open the application that I want based on that variable name.

However, I don't see any way to use the Pause Until Conditions action to dynamically select the application that I just launched to be what I wait on. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

I went at this from a slightly different approach. Instead of using the parameter for running a macro, I set a couple of instance variables and am using those like this:

Not sure if this is the best way, but it appears to be working as long as the application title parameter is correctly set for the passed in application's path

I met the same question, and @ccstone 's answer was perfect.

1 Like