PAUSE UNTIL with TIMEOUT cancels its macro but it also cancels its parent macro?

My PAUSE UNTIL with TIMEOUT action cancels its macro (as expected) but it also cancels its parent macro if it is executed from there. Is there a workaround for this? I want to execute a bunch of Chrome website log-in's simultaneously and then close any residual windows left open in Chrome at the end of the problematic parent macro.

MAIN Test Macro (v9.0.2)

MAIN Test.kmmacros (1.6 KB)

PAUSE UNTIL with TIMEOUT Test Macro (v9.0.2)

PAUSE UNTIL with TIMEOUT Test.kmmacros (24 KB)

There is a timeout as shown:

I have not tested this specific use case, but I have used this approach in other macros. I think it should work for you.

In the "Pause Until with Timeout Test" Macro:

1. Uncheck the "Abort macro after timeout" in the Pause Until action
  2. Add a IF/THEN Action

Please let us know if this works for you.

I think I am following what you suggest but I don't think it will work here.

The "PAUSE UNTIL with TIMEOUT" action need to time out at 6s. It has to because it needs to work in both of these scenarios: 1) logged-in already (and so that image will never be found) 2) not logged-in.

Is that accurate? Thanks.

As an alternative I am trying this:

but I want to add a 2nd condition: Time elapsed is 6 seconds. How do I add that 2nd condition to this action?

Is there some reason you can't just change the Action Timeout in the Gear menu:

IAC, to add another condition, just click on the green plus button.

If I set that timeout I will get a very similar error as in my OP.

I know how to add the 2nd condition but how to add one that waits for 6s is the question. Thanks.

JMichaelTX

November 13

cvc8445:
but I want to add a 2nd condition: Time elapsed is 6 seconds. How do I add that 2nd condition to this action?

Is there some reason you can't just change the Action Timeout in the Gear menu:

IAC, to add another condition, just click on the green plus button.

Have you actually tried what I suggested?

The IF/THEN Action Result Condition test doesn't work as needed here. The macro never passes the "Pause Until" because if I am already signed-in then the Image does not exist. That's why I was trying to use some type of "Timeout".

I am trying to login to 4 web accounts with 1-click. Irrespective of whether I am logged-in now or not.

If you set a short timeout in the Pause Until, AND UNCHECK the "Abort macro after timeout", then AFTER the timeout control will pass to the next Action in the Macro.

So, when the Pause Until times out, control passes to the IF/THEN, which can test to see if it did time out (using the Action Result condition is NOT "OK").

I think if you will actually try the method I posted you will see that it does work.