PHP Action Plugin

I found keyboard maestro extremely useful, and I think it is quite amazing.

The one action type I did not find was to run an arbitrary PHP script, so I made one.

I chose to convert the parameters and variables to $p{camel case param name} and ${camel case variable name} for convenience (I keep forgetting KMPARAM_ and KMVAR_ , I find them too long).

eg:

A prompt for the user with “User Name” becomes: $userName in the script.

The action can accept either a path to a PHP file, or a PHP script , or both … or non if you find it useful … :smile:

I’ve attached my zip file, as well as an example for usage I hope that others will find this useful.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this (or if it does not work for some reason).

Macro Example:

t.php from the macro:
t.php.zip (199 Bytes)

The PHP script plugin:
PHP Script.zip (11.4 KB)

Nice one. Thanks for sharing!

Nice plugin! But what’s the purpose of the ‘Temporary Folder’ variable?

That’s a very good question ! :slight_smile:

I took a closer look at my code, and I actually hard coded /var/tmp in some places , so there is no reason to have that field on the plugin side of things (it will just confuse some people).

I attached a new version that does not need it.

Essentially the script writes a temporary PHP file when entering raw PHP to the text box, and than it executes it, and cleans it when it is done.

Cheers

Alon
PHP Script.zip (10.4 KB)

ok, this is a new version (yet again), fixed a minor bug …

Cheers

Alon
PHP Script.zip (10.4 KB)

Ok, thank you for the clarification but the new version no longer works :sob:

Well, it took me a “bit” of time. I retested the script, I am not sure where the issue is.

Just in case, I will re-upload the plugin.

Also, please do not forget to run the following command on your keyboard maestro after re-applying the new plugin:

tell application “Keyboard Maestro” to reload
tell application “Keyboard Maestro Engine” to reload

It is described here: http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/documentation/6/pluginactions.html

Please let me know if you still find issues. If you do, please be specific with what you try to achieve.PHP Script.zip (9.6 KB)

Thank you very much. It works now. I probably forgot to reload Keyboard Maestro the first time. Great plugin!

Is it possible to assign the content of the system clipboard to a variable and process this one via PHP within your plugin? Or are only variables accepted that are entered via a prompt?

Yes, any variable defined in Keyboard Maestro should work with the plugin.

Did you get this sorted?
I’ve done a dump of get_defined_vars() and there is no reference in there to get the current clipboard.
How is this done?

Take a look at this example:

What I do in the example below in keyboard maestro, is to get the content of the clipboard, and assign it to a variable named “test”.

In the PHP script, I am simply “echoing” the variable “$v_test”.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

Let me know