Press and Hold actions with pause until condition

At the risk of looking like a noob...

Where is this action to be found? It's a new one on me. I'd like to try to recreate your recent macro to see what's going on. I suspect the reason it doesn't work is that this action may work with keys but not USB Device Keys, which is what Stream Deck buttons are. If this is the case, we may be conflating issues, and my logic might still hold water.

It's the "Pause Until Change" action (rather than a modified "Pause Until" action, which might be why you've missed it).

1 Like

Can you answer these? If there is a way other than the key command, we might be in business.

Short answer -- nope.

Long answer -- it's Microsoft! It's taken them (at least) 5 years to implement the oft-requested push-to-talk feature and we should be grateful for what little functionality they've deigned to grant...

1 Like

Try swapping the first action for an "Activate a Specific Application" one that targets Teams. There really is no need to spawn another macro, and that might be what's breaking things for SD.

The forum rules prevented me from posting this 2 hours ago. Apparently I reached a post limit. Anyway, after enough fiddling, I finally got it to work as expected. Here is the solution. Another benefit of this configuration is that I can use the keyboard to activate the macro and bring Teams to the front first using the originally defined Teams keyboard shortcut.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 11.08.22 AM

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 11.07.04 AM

2 Likes

I've just seen this, and thought it might be of interest to anyone reading this thread. Looks like the BTT plugin might be really powerful for things like this!

BetterTouchTool and Stream Deck - BrettTerpstra.com.

1 Like