Press button in Logic Pro instrument plugin

Hello! The Logic Pro plugin AUNetReceive does not automatically connect to its network counterpart when launching a session and I'm wondering if KM is the answer to make that happen. I have multiple tracks where their "Connect" buttons need to be pushed. Also, each track's plugin window is not open when opening a session.

AUNetReceive plugin window:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 3.11.32 PM

Is there a reliable way to accomplish this?

@noisneil I thought I'd tag you since you seem to be a Logic Pro user and might have already solved this problem.

Thank you for the help!

In all my years of using LPX, I've never come across this plugin!

For my own curiosity, what is it for?

If you can describe the order in which you would like events to happen, perhaps we can figure something out.

Thanks for responding!

AUNetSend and AUNetReceive allow you to send and receive audio over a local network across multiple computers, kind of like a poor-man's Dante network. It's not perfect, but it's good for my purposes.

When I open my template, these tracks will already have already been connected before, so they remember the host name. They just need to be re-connected, which is so annoying. Basically, the plugin window needs to be displayed, the "Connect" button clicked, and the plugin window closed for multiple tracks. The track names will likely never change and neither will the host names. Let me know if you need more info.

I was hoping there was a back-end AppleScript something-or-other that could reliably accomplish this along with KM.

Thanks, again.

Is the connection button available in automation? Guessing not; That would be too easy.

I don't know about scripting some background connection. Would be nice if that were possible.

The Press a Button action works with these.

Other than that... I am not currently able to test, but I wonder if the whole process might be easier using either of these plugins by Blue Cat Audio: Connector, FaderHub.

I am a user of Connector, but not for networked audio.

If you open several instances of AUNetReceive and save the project, the plugins should be open when you reload the project.

If you are not able to have more than one instance open at time, check that the plugin link – the chain icon in the top right corner of a plugin – is off.

I'll give this a try. The trick is getting KM to reliably select the necessary tracks that use AUNetReceive in order to hit the key command for opening that track's instrument. After that, the "Press a Button" action is the easy part. The instances will almost always be minimized when using it the way I'd like to.

I'll give Connector a look as well. The purist in me really wanted to get this done all with built-in plugins, but that might be a pipe dream. AUNetSend and AUNetReceive fall into the category of Apple's permanent experiments that will likely never really see true 1.0 status.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You might like to try the new version of Plugsearch and call that as part of your macro. I haven't tried the new version but I think it might help here.

I tried it between two networked Macs yesterday and got one sending audio to the other easily, but not in the other direction. I couldn't spend more time on it to find out why but yes, this alternative is worth a try perhaps.

Applebandonware!

Good call. Automating the new Track Search feature could be just the ticket. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Yes, quite. I should have spelled that out. :wink: