Problem Activating Dictation

I'm trying to activate Dictation on my MacBookAir M1 (Monterey 12.3.1) as part of a macro.

Activating Dictation using my keyboard works fine, but the same key combination using the Keyboard Maestro action "Type a Keystroke" does nothing at all as far as I can see. I've tried different key combinations, to activate dictation, most recently ⌘Up Arrow. All of the options I've tried worked when typed using the keyboard, but none work using Keyboard Maestro.

Am I missing a required permission for Keyboard Maestro?

If you've given Keyboard Maestro the usual permissions, then it should be working.

This might be stating the obvious, but I'm often caught out by the obvious...

Dictation will only be available when you're in a text field, ready to accept dictation. Trying to activate dictation when you're not won't do anything.

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently experimenting with a one-step macro in a Global group. When I type the Dictation hotkey with the keyboard in either Drafts or Obsidian, dictation activates. Immediately thereafter in the same location, the macro doesn't do anything. I took aboard your "obvious" idea and tried restarting KM and then restarting my MBA. Neither worked. The one-step macro is "Type a Keystroke" with the key combination that works ok from the keyboard.

Weird. Just tested and it works here. Can I see your macro and your Keyboard Preferences Dictation screen? Just in case there's something you missed.

I appreciate your help. Not sure how to upload the screenshots. I worked around the problem using the KM action to open menu items. That works with no problem. Typing the keystrokes with the keyboard also works. The Type a Keystroke action works ok in other macros including in the ones where I was trying to use it to to initiate dictation.