Problem Renaming a Folder

I'm having a problem renaming a folder. What I want to do is:

If "this folder" exists, then rename it with a dash after it.

Here's how I set it up:

But when I run it (and I know that this folder does exist), I get this error, which I can only partially read:

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 3.31.11 PM

Anyone know what's wrong, and how to fix it?

(Note: I do know this folder is in the global Library folder, and will thus need admin privileges to modify its name. I can't tell if this is part of the KM problem or not though.)

Under Keyboard Maestro's Help menu, select Open Logs Folder. Read the last entries in the Engine.log for the full error message.

It's hard to read but this is what I see at the end of the log:

Move
), NSDestinationFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components-, NSFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSUnderlyingError=0x600001e39e30 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "Permission denied"}} in macro “Toggle name of Components folder” (while executing Move or Rename File “/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”).
2023-05-13 15:31:05 Execute macro “HOTKEY FOR TRIGGER MACRO BY NAME” from trigger The Hot Key ⌃Space is pressed
2023-05-13 15:31:06 Execute macro “Toggle name of Components folder” from trigger Name
2023-05-13 15:31:06 Action 6959 failed: Move file /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components failed with Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "“Components” couldn’t be moved because you don’t have permission to access “Plug-Ins”." UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Move
), NSDestinationFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components-, NSFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSUnderlyingError=0x600001f74a20 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "Permission denied"}}
2023-05-13 15:31:06 Move file /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components failed with Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "“Components” couldn’t be moved because you don’t have permission to access “Plug-Ins”." UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Move
), NSDestinationFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components-, NSFilePath=/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, NSUnderlyingError=0x600001f74a20 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "Permission denied"}} in macro “Toggle name of Components folder” (while executing Move or Rename File “/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”).

Also a related question: the manual says I should be able to choose Rename, but Rename doesn't appear in the dropdown, so I just choose Move instead:

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 3.54.24 PM

This is what I'd worry about:

you don’t have permission to access “Plug-Ins”
1 Like

No it doesn't, although it's easy to make that mistake.

• Move (and/or Rename)

This is explained in detail by on the relevant wiki page: