Problems Copying The Selection in Airtable?

I imagine there must be some other folks who have also created macros for use in Airtable on the web?

One issue I run into time and again is that the copy action doesn't reliably work in Airtable, whether I'm attempting it using a ⌘+C keystroke action or using the copy action. (That is, to copy cells or ranges of cells in Airtable.)

I have no idea why this happens, and there seems to be no obvious pattern as to when it works and when it does not.

Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

Hey Alex,

Well now – doesn't that just beat all...

It appears that Airtable is reading C from the keyboard, as it does not respond to Edit > Copy even when manually performed with the mouse.

Keyboard Maestro's Type a Keystroke action also fails to properly invoke copy.

@peternlewis?

I was able to get copy to work reliably on my system by invoking C with AppleScript and System Events.

-Chris

AirTable -- Copy the Selection to the Clipboard v1.00.kmmacros (7.5 KB)
Keyboard Maestro Export

1 Like

I can only simulate the events, what happens after that is outside my control.

My guess is that AppleScript is still (!) using the old defunct method of simulating keystrokes which has slightly different behaviour, but who knows.

2 Likes

Thanks, @ccstone! I will give this a shot.

What is "local_ClipboardSeed" and "CLIPBOARDSEED"? Just curious how this works.

And did this by chance work not only with copying a single cell, but with copying a range of cells, too?

local_ClipboardSeed is a local variable.

CLIPBOARDSEED()note the parentheses – is a function.

If it was me I'd have downloaded the macro and tested by now...  :sunglasses:

But yes – I did test with a single cell and a range of cells.

1 Like

Just tested it out and it's working well so far. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @ccstone I was trying your script for both the web version of airtable and the desktop app and neither are working for me, any advice? It hangs on the Pause Until action.