Problems with Discourse Forum Keyboard Shortcuts

Anyone else having trouble getting the Forum keyboard shortcuts to work in Google Chrome? All seem to work fine in Safari.

These don't work for me:

I very often using "p" to "Open user menu", aka, "Notification List", but it hasn't worked for several days now.

Running Google Chrome 73.0.3683.86 (3683.86) on macOS 10.12.6.
KM Discourse Forum Ver: 2.2.4

Sorry @JMichaelTX, I can't help with your question since I primarily use Safari. If I find a rare incompatibility, I'll try Brave or Firefox, then Chrome.

But your question reminds me of another I had. What's the syntax for said keyboard shortcuts? Entries like Ctr+A show my ignorance. :grinning:

Also, is there a forum post that describes all of the permitted syntax? I've seen posts discussing specific content (e.g., code entry), but I haven't found a single post that describes the mechanics and syntax for submissions.

Thanks in advance!

I did find Using the Keyboard Maestro Forum on the wiki that includes a section entitled How to Post/Upload Your Macro to the Forum, but I'm still searching information related to the supported extended Markdown syntax (e.g., how to indicate keyboard shortcuts).

Update: Using my browser inspector, I did determine the syntax for keyboard shortcuts, e.g., Ctr+A:

<kbd>Ctr</kbd>+<kbd>A</kbd>

Press ? when viewing (not editing) the forum to display a list of keyboard shortcuts.

1 Like

@JMichaelTX, thanks for the tip.