Problems with Smooth MIDI Volume Control

Hey everyone, I have a question about volume control. I'm using a MIDI device (a slider) to control volume using the built-in increase/decrease volume actions. But the result is inconsistent and one of two things happen:

1. If I use the "Increase System Sound Volume" action, the sensitivity is way too high and minute changes to the slider result in huge volume increases/decreases
  2. If I use the "Small Increase System Sound Volume" action, the opposite is true; the physical position of the slider results in a relatively inconsistent volume change

I have partially resolved this by adding the steps "Set System Output Volume to..." 25%, 50%, 75%, 0%, and 100% to anchor the volume changes to those locations; but the volume scrolling is not smooth and not super reliable if you slide the slider too quickly.

My question is, is there a way to make the slider position -- volume relationship more reliable? Perhaps by using the "note" or "packet" option instead of "controller" in the MIDI macro section? Any thoughts would be super helpful. Would you happen to have any ideas @peternlewis ? Thank you so much.

MIDI devices often send lots of changes, so you are probably going to have to do more coding to get any kind of smooth behaviour. Things like detecting changes, and remembering when the macro last triggered and only making an adjustment if enough time has passed since the last change.