Profile pictues not displaying

Hi

Am I the only one not seeing profile pictures for some users?
Both in Safari and Chrome in Incognito.

See this screenshot.

You're not alone. Same problem here. Started a few days ago.

Hey @peternlewis,

I'm having the same problem.

I can't see my own profile picture either in-line in threads OR in the user-menu (top-right) in Google Chrome.

In Safari I can see my own profile picture for both threads and the user-menu, but I can't see some other people.

After deleting Safari's cache I'm having the same problems with Safari.

For example:

In the following thread @LesB's profile is invisible to me in Safari

Can I Create Macros for Inserting Date and Time?

Everyone is invisible to me in that thread – including my profile pic in the user-menu.

I have restarted Safari and Chrome, and I've deleted their caches.

I just tried in a newly updated Firefox, and I can see my own profile but not Les'.

Something is clearly amiss...

-Chris

Hey @peternlewis,

I can't see the profile pictures of the likes of this post either:

When triggered by a KBM macro, firefox automatically opens in safe mode

-Chris

Hey @peternlewis,

I'm having problem with both the Keyboard Maestro Forum and the Script Debugger Forum, but NOT with the Discourse Meta Forum or the TidBITS-Talk Forum.

It looks like they're all running the latest beta, except for the KMForum.

-Chris

In my case what's missing are any profiles using the colored disc with an initial. What I do see are profiles using actual images.

1 Like

Yes, I have mostly seen it on emails.

Seems to be a bug in Discourse, probably in the latest upgrade when they made some wacky changes to image processing.

Hopefully it will sort itself out. Other that perhaps forcing a reload of the cache, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I could go and report it, but if it is happening on multiple forums, they presumably know.

Looks like it is a pinned issue on Discourse Meta, so I will follow the instructions and see if that resolves it.

2 Likes

Looks resolved.

2 Likes

Confirmed. Resolved here!

1 Like

I can also confirm all is looking good at me.

1 Like