Questions about Show Macro Group

When I run the show macro group it places a small folder in the mac menu top bar. What is that for? Do need to worry about it?

Also when I run this macro and click on one of the selections can that be used somehow to trigger the user input OK button?

Thanks
Roger

KM Version: 10.0.1, Mac OSX: 11.6 (20G165)

The menu bar icon is one of the new features of KM10. You can disable it in the macro group’s settings if you don’t want/need it.

I don’t quite follow your second question…you want a macro that will click on the user input button?

Here is hopefully what I mean.

I have this showing and when I select a item from list of macro's I would like it to automatically click the OK button.

Thanks
Roger

KM Version: 10.0.1, Mac OSX: 11.6 (20G165)

I didn't see a native Keyboard Maestro way to click the OK button (which seems strange, I might just be overlooking something stupidly simple), but perhaps an AppleScript would work for you.

----------------------------------------------------------
# Author:			Chris Thomerson
# Current Version:	1.0
# Version History:
#					1.0 (Initial script)
# Created:			Thursday, November 18, 2021
# Modified:			Thursday, November 18, 2021
# macOS:			11.6.1 (Big Sur)
#
# Notes:			
# I claim no responsibility nor guarantee compatibility
# As with any kind of custom scripts, these must be tested thoroughly on each person's device
# May be used and distributed freely
----------------------------------------------------------

tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "Keyboard Maestro Engine"
		click button "OK" of window "Keyboard Maestro User Input"
	end tell
end tell

You would place this AppleScript in the appropriate macro(s) that you want to click the button and in the appropriate spot.

HOWEVER, this working would be dependent on the name of the prompt button...if you change the button name in the prompt you would have to change it in the AppleScript as well.

It works for me in the whopping 3 minutes of testing I did on my local machine, but try it out on yours and let me know if it works or not.

Attached below is the script already in an action if you'd rather just import it and then drag it into your macros.

-Chris

Execute an AppleScript.kmactions (1.3 KB)

Chris

Thanks It may be a few days before I can work on it but will let you know.

Roger

Roger, sounds good. Another option would to just simulate a keystroke, using Return as the keystroke. But the user prompt would have to be at the front and the appropriate button would have to be the default selection for that to work. So whether or not that would work would depend on how your macro is designed.