I am trying to convert the bottom if statements into Applescript cos they take up too much screen real-estate.
I want to know if I always have to create a Applescript variable every time I get a KM variable?
Also wanted to know how I append with applescript and KM.
I can see that you can append with & but how would that look like?
Is there also anyway to shrink Applescript to fit only the text. As you see there is a huge waste of whitespace at the bottom using up my screen realestate
You may get a faster response by sparing your readers the inductive effort building an understanding what you are actually trying to do
What is the change that you seek in these variable values ?
And under what conditions do you want to apply or avoid that change ?
Incidentally the font sizes in the screen grab will be larger, and impose less effort on potential readers, if you narrow the window and actions to just fit the right text margin of the code before you capture.
(Thousands of pixels are devoted to white space at the right, in those shots)
Just defines a value – the existing value of someName followed by an affix – it's up to you to make a copy of that value or give it a name.
Nothing is "done to" someName there.
defines a longer string, without binding a name to it. Nothing is 'done to' "hello", and no name is yet given to that longer string.
ah yes, I will narrow the window before snapshoting. Never thought how that could make it better for readers. I always have it at full screen.
well in the first image, I was trying to replicate the actions below but inside applescript. I only got so far.
Had no responses so I moved onto JXA.
I have managed to return a variable so that moves me onto the last image and the first.
The last image is where I was trying to concatenate to Variant Type. It should be something like u8, u8, u8 where there is no , on the last iteration.
Well thats how I do it.
The other one Variant type is the KM variable.
The reason why I dont have a prefix like instance or KM in front of the KM variable is so that my variables appear in the forms in their proper names and I dont use underscores inside forms. Looks like code speak and not english.