Quick Macro Activation Very Slow

Hello community,

since a few weeks the activation of the "quick macro" is really slow.
When I hit the button the Engine takes really long to activate.
When I hit it again to save the quick macro it is as fast as before.

Can you please help me? I use this function of keyboard maestro a lot and its totally useless now. Because it should be, well ... quick

thanks a lot in advance.
cheers
Jonas

Q1. Are you talking about the "Record Quick Macro" action?, or the Record button in the KM editor, or both, or something else?
Q2. When was the last time you restarted the KM Engine?
Q3. Have you checked the KM Engine log to see what messages are in there at the time of your problem? (Select Keyboard Maestro Help Menu -> Select Open Logs Folder. -> Select Engine.log and it will open the Console.)

Those are my best ideas at the moment. I'm not sure if these ideas will help.

Hello Sleepy

I am talking about the "Record Quick Macro" action.
I did as you said and this is the message I get from the Console:

2022-02-14 17:03:02 Execute macro “QUICK MACRO” from trigger The Hot Key ⌘Section Sign is pressed

2022-02-14 17:03:08 Assertion Failed: err2 == 0 , file: …/Source/XCAF/XAXObserver.mm:83, value: -25204

Last message repeated 6 times

2022-02-14 17:03:43 Execute macro “QUICK MACRO” from trigger The Hot Key ⌘Section Sign is pressed

thanks for your quick reply!
Jonas

PS: I quit the Engine several times since the problem occurred.

cheers
Jonas

I get the same error (in the log file) when I run that action, but my visual result is different. I have never run that action before, so I don't know what it's supposed to do, (even though I've read the wiki) which is complicated by the fact that I get an error in the log and the visual pop-up vanishes as soon as it opens. At least you get it to work "slowly" whereas I can't seem to get it to work at all.

So I'm afraid I'm stuck. We'll need a real wizard here, rather than a wizard wannabe like me.

OK, thank you anyway.

Its a great timesaver and I use it all the time.
It worked for years and now it just got laggy.

cheers
Jonas

I have this happen if I'm trying to record an action inside the editor. But it works everywhere else I've tried it.

We'll need a real wizard here, rather than a wizard wannabe like me.

You do yourself a disservice, but I've said that before. :slight_smile: And by the way, I am not the wizard you seek, in this case. I know a little about how quick macros are stored, and I wrote a macro to let you import a macro created with Quick Record, but that's the limit of my knowledge.

I am still not able to use the Quick macro function.
When I hit the key it takes around 40 second or more until the macro starts.

Here is the error message I get, when I open the log file:
Assertion Failed: err2 == 0 , file: …/Source/XCAF/XAXObserver.mm:83, value: -25204

can anybody figure this out?

cheers
Jonas