Quick macro does not work

I have this macro :

However pressing my hotkey trigger does not start any recording. I made sure this hotkey is not taken by anything and tried different hotkeys too.

Or perhaps it does and I just don’t see it. I thought there’d be some sound or some indication that it would be working. Right now neither of the hotkeys there do anything. :disappointed:

When recording starts, the recording window will appear on the screen.

Whenever a macro does nothing, follow the instructions on the wiki Troubleshooting page Macros Not Firing.

• Ensure the Keyboard Maestro Engine is running - the Keyboard Maestro Status Menu should show in the menu bar on the right hand side (unless you’ve turned it off).
  • Ensure you have macOS Accessibility enabled (click on the Status Menu and Keyboard Maestro will tell you if there is a problem).
  • Ensure the Macro Group is enabled, and is active in the application in question.
  • Ensure the macro is enabled.
  • Ensure the macro actions are enabled.
  • Add a Status Menu trigger, and verify that the macro is active by checking for its name in the Keyboard Maestro Status Menu.
  • Add a Display Text Briefly action to the macro to verify that the macro is firing.
  • Choose Start Debugging from the Status Menu, ensure Pause New Macros is turned on (checked), and trigger the macro. Step through the actions to see where it is going wrong.

Basically, you have to discover if the macro is active, if the trigger is firing, or if the actions are failing.

1 Like

Thank you @peternlewis. I followed through every step and it actually started working when activated from status menu. I then assigned a hotkey and it started working from hotkey too.

Although before it most certainly didn’t and did not show the red quick macro palette.

But this is really useful, will refer to it every time I get a problem like this. Thank you again.

It's builtin to version 8 as an assistant, so hopefully soon you wont have to refer to the wiki.