Read and Filter lines out of a File Macro (v11.0.2)

When I wrote this macro, today, I had no idea someone else (@_jims) had written a far more powerful macro last year. I will link to the far more powerful macro below. But there's no harm in posting a different (inferior/simpler) solution to the same general problem.

The fact that other people have written bigger and better utilities does not stop me from writing my own macros that do similar things. I write code in KM because I enjoy doing so. I frequently just delete all my KM code and start over, which usually makes my code (and my skills) better.

If I've contributed anything to this particular problem of reading log files, it's in showing how simple a "text purging" utility can be. I counted about 24 actions in this solution.

My utility comes with a little documentation when you start it, but it may not be obvious to everyone that the main thing that you do is enter text strings that stipulate lines that you want purged from your viewing window. Moreover, it's not mandatory, but to add a filter you can just "copy" some text in the upper window, press CMD-C, and click OK. No pasting is required.

Read and Filter lines out of a File Macro (v11.0.2)

Read and Filter lines out of a File.kmmacros (14 KB)

The more powerful solution: