Renaming and Emailing Most Recently Downloaded File

Hello everyone. New to KM. Without the collective, I would have never gotten this far. I am looking to move the most recently downloaded file without corrupting it. And then renaming it to add date of download and then email it.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:t3:

I don't use the default macOS Mail client, so perhaps someone else can help with that part, but this will move the file most recently added to your Downloads folder to the Desktop and add the date to its name. Change the path in the green action for a different destination path:

Latest Download - Move and Rename with Date.kmmacros (22 KB)

Macro screenshot

Thank you so much for the quick response and example. I am going to set it up and run now to see the magic. If you don't mind me asking, if not the MacOS mail client, what do you use? How does it integrate with KM?

I use Spark, and I don't have any email-based macros, so I'd just be looking stuff up on the forum, same as you. I can imagine it might be something like this, but I can't test as Mail isn't set up on my machine:

Latest Download - Move- Rename with Date and Email.kmmacros (24 KB)

Macro screenshot

1 Like

I got it to work! I used the final variable as the attachment and it worked perfect. Thank you so much for your help with this. I have gone through iterations and variations for a few days now. You got me to the finish line. Thank you!

1 Like