Repeat Last Action

I'm at the drawing board phase with an idea. I think it would be useful to have a "Repeat" action, similar in nature to the Redo menu item in many apps, but without being limited by the action history. In other words, a hotkey that could trigger whatever I just did to happen a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc.

I know there are people here much smarter and more knowledgeable than me– Does anyone have an idea of how this could be possible?

Cheers,

Am I right that by "whatever I just did" you mean the last Keyboard Maestro macro that you ran? If so, we should be able to use the KM Engine log file to find the last successful macro.

Hey thank you for responding– I should have explained better. What I'm picturing is globally, whatever action would be undone if I were to hit the undo button would instead be repeated.

Few applications expose their Undo stacks to scripting in a way that would enable that.

1 Like

As well as @ComplexPoint's excellent... point, you're assuming that applications save a history of "actions taken" rather than "states resulting from actions taken". AFAIK that's generally not the case and it's the state that is saved.