Request: Automate Copy/Paste of Macro Icon Between Macros

@peternlewis:

As I'm sure you know, this is a very complicated process that few, if any, of us will remember.

So, please, add a feature that when you copy the icon from one macro and paste into another macro, that you automate that process.

IOW, you can put two flavors in the clipboard:

1. The normal image that will be used when pasting into any 3rd party app
  2. The KM Macro Icon definition that KM will use when pasting into the icon field of another Macro.

And, if it is not too much trouble, I'd add a third option:

1. If the only flavor on the Clipboard is an image, then convert that Image to the smallest possible size, maybe even the KM Icon definition, when pasting into a Macro Icon field.

If you don't do #3, then please at least add a confirmation/warning to the user advising them about the impact of using a normal image, and offer to open the Icon Choose window.

As you know and have often stated, using normal images to paste into the Icon field causes a significant Macro Master file.plist bloat. So please do what you can to help us avoid that.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I would if I could, but I have no ability to do that I'm afraid. It is a standard control, and it handles copying on its own.

Then perhaps you could use another control, that gives you more control over the copy function. As you know, many apps put their custom data on the Clipboard.

If that really won't work, then how about just giving us another menu item (with shortcut) to copy the KM icon data, as if it comes from the KM Icon Chooser window?