Resize palette shrink down to size

Can the current palette shink down to 'button" size be resized. It's doesn't quite fit the space at the top of a Safari window on my monitor at its resolution. It'd be more pleasing to have a single or multiple palette "buttons" parked in the toolbar area if they fit that area or even better matched the button size that Apple uses if that doesn't raise copyright issues. See attached for a size not color visual.

1 Like

Good idea.

On the other hand, what is the environment for using something like that?
Browsing the web?
Editing videos?
Drawing graphics?
Typing text?

Asking because I wonder why you would want to use the palette 'button' at all.
If your hand is always on the mouse, then, yes, easy to understand.
But if your hands are mostly on the keyboard, why reach for the mouse to open a palette, when you can use a hot key to show/hide?

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks for asking :slight_smile: This gets individual which hopefully turns out to be the case for many.

I agree and use a hot key to call up a list of actions that appears under the cursor. Super nice option UNTIL the list starts getting long then I have to stop and read the list to find what I’m looking for and my flow is interrupted. (upon rereading this it reminds more of the Buddhist notion of suffering, whatever you do just creates more suffering)

I could use several hot keys to call up different lists but that starts getting complicated. Generally for me anything more than one gets complicated. I like light switch on/off simplicity. One and done.

To repeat and extend from a branch off this discussion:

What would be helpful are some more formatting option for the list that appears to enable more rapid ID of items in the list when the list begins to grow beyond five or so items. Options like spacers, bolding, colors, size, or dividers.

To run with this a bit it’d be nice to go beyond horo./vert. list to a palette with the options like a finder window with icons that can be moved and organized in space or at least have a column view where items can be organized within columns to allow for some separation.

While visually, cognitively easier perhaps I can see this getting messy, fast. I suppose learning hot keys is best only I just do too many different things that keep changing as I constantly find ways to simplify the processes I move thru.

Back to the button, buttons are nice for single actions. One and done kinds of things that provide relief from list fatigue and are quicker and way less distracting than using a list. List while useful in some cases are a demanding UI to deal with unless presented artfully from a number of dimensions not unlike presenting a note in music with considerations for attacks, sustain, decay, timbre, volume, frequency, etc. Lists (and every element presented) really do need be “done well” when you move past the “just get it done” phase of working. From the “Listen, I’ve got work to do and can’t be bothered/don’t have time for all this.” view then yes this is W A Y overthought and a deep waste of time. It really depends on what you are working on.

Aren’tcha glad ya asked :wink:

Yes.
Palettes are among the most powerful features of KM.
So I am pleased to discuss more.

That's an important point.
Yes, I've felt the interruption -- but never thought about it consciously until you mentioned it.

In that regard, what do you think about typed string triggers?
I've found them useful to minimize interruption of flow.
Example -- enter current time:

ttt

[quote="BernSh, post:3, topic:5642"]
(upon rereading this it reminds more of the Buddhist notion of suffering, whatever you do just creates more suffering)[/quote]

(I am surrounded on all sides by 50 million Buddhists. I could go on at length about the suffering they impose on themselves. But then you, and others reading here, would suffer.)

I like that design goal.
Worth discussion.

How do you pursue "one and done" within KM?

I use "available" and "activated" functions in the macro group -- mainly based on window titles.
Have you found other/better ways to focus on "one and done"?

... more formatting option for ... more rapid ID ... beyond five or so items. Options like spacers, bolding, colors, size, or dividers. [/quote]

How can we use palettes to the maximum within the current feature set?

I'll post two examples showing some of the formats you mentioned at the bottom of this post.
Not elegant, but they work.
I'd appreciate thoughts and ideas for more creative formatting.

palette with the options like a finder window with icons that can be moved and organized in space [/quote]

Nice idea.
A previous thread on this forum mentioned graphics programs which have something like that built in. (Not macros, just their own internal functions).

And I've done some experimenting with palette formatting.
Within KM (as it is today) we can get do a lot, but not as easy as in the Finder.
Link at the bottom of this post.

I wish you'd start a topic here about that: "How to simplify (KM macro presentation)".
Would be a very useful topic.

Yes, indeed.

KM does offer palette style with icons/buttons only.
So it is possible to have just buttons appear -- no lists.
And several can appear at once = multiple buttons, in different positions.
If you've already tried that, what is your opinion?

Very interesting idea!

I may be the only other person here who is curious about that, but I am very curious.
If you consciously thought about "artful" presentation in KM, what would you do?
Your thoughts, please.

Here are two different styles of palettes -- offered for critique and discussion:

In palette below, a conflict palette, red characters trigger the macros. No need to mouse around and click.

Link to topic about other styles of palettes:
https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/suggestion-pie-radial-menus/5518?u=mark

You’ve honored me. It’s a real gift and I’m very please to go further as I think there is much gold to mine. This will take some time to reply to. This is just to let you know I’m on it and bridge the “communication lag” which increases in cost over time.

1 Like

Thank you.
No rush, no pressure from my side.

One more palette example for your critique, using KM current features (nothing new).
Palette pops up with red circle & star symbol under the cursor.

They make sense in that fingers are already in place and focus on the screen need not be relocated. They share hotkey's Achilles Heel of needing to be memorized as there can be lots of them (1=good, 2 is on the edge, 3=too many, 4=lots) note that lots is north of too many).

A large pallet with the flexibility of Quadro (> http://quadro.me) on the screen and not on yet another screen (iPad's or iPhone's) as Quadro is pursuing looks like a promising direction but isn't, as you request below, in the current feature set. I'd explore this heavily, hell if I had the resources I'd buy Quadro and mash the two together but (thankfully) it's not my call.

LOL!!!

Not sure what you mean. For palette settings that show when the Group is selected in the Groups column, I use:
Available in all applications.
Available in all windows
Shows a palette for one action when:

Currently I've been working with one palette and one hotkey (opt-z) and bring in the most used shortcuts. It's an ongoing challenge to keep the list short enough to be workable. More then five or so items creates a noticeable scan to find item lag.

Have some mechanism (tokens?) to insert a "most frequently used" or "most current" or "tied to this app" section in the list would be good and again not in current feature set and would likely fatigue the list in a hurry.

Yes, pie menus would be a step forward. I've ended up with something like what Peter posted in the link you posted using BetterTouchTool (BTT) and a magic trackpad. For the limited items I placed there (upper right corner one finger tap closes active window, upper middle area one finger tap opens launchpad, lower right corner one finger tap gives me "Default Folder's" navigation menu (which would be incredible IF I could move a selected file or folder to the location I navigate to, but that's another box of tissues) and three finger swiping left and right to move and resize active window to right and left sides of the screen and adding modifier keys to get windows resided to the four quadrants of the screen has been useful. Plus BBT's implementation of setting window size and location is really good. Just set size and location, make it active and select "Set new snap area (use active window as template)" then fiddle with the numerous adjustments or leave with default and you're there. I'd definitely steal this one.

Using the Trackpad especially with gestures adds another input seemly cognitively distinct from hotkeys and lists making it a welcome and space providing/opening rather then space taking/cost incurring additional input space.

Using BTT to activate shortcuts defined in KM was a hopeful idea that again when down the need to remember what's mapped where pit.

This needing to recall shortcuts is central and maybe the heart of this discussion. KM has done well with the difficult part providing an expandable backend functional workhorse with an engaged development community. This discussion aims to bring to the user facing frontend as much attention and development. Given the work/cognitive load I imagine Peter and crew have, giving the frontend this much resource is likely unrealistic. Still I think there's value in having the discussion. This seems like a structure/function seesaw looking to move the fulcrum where structure is seen as contributing as much to the success as does function. Perhaps at some point when function is well enough handled and resources allow, the attention would naturally shift in this direction of its own accord.

I bought KeyCue to aggregate, display, and activate shortcuts but it then immediately contracted listitis (too many items to process in a short enough time to be transparent turning the activation of an action into a discrete action and thereby adding a step which is not big deal in itself but but becomes an big deal by volume (think of being attacked by Fire Ants or death by ten thousand cuts) and moveitis (giving resources to leaving the keyboard for yet another device to burn into memory or spend active attention to orientated/operate).

Boy do I sound whiny, petty, 1st world complainy to my own listening. Pressing on :neutral_face:

I think I've given you what I currently have. I think the palette, hotkey activated, occurring under the cursor, for one click is as good as the current feature set goes. For now everything else that occurs requires development. AI to popup options without hotkey activation based on use, a modified cursor with imbedded activation points for actions that are gesture or voice activated, always on floating contextual palettes that self-modify based on current activity, etc.

Nice idea. Requires brilliant icon design to decipher what it is for. This is much much harder than a list item as a visual trigger. Ever try to create an icon that by its design really says what it's for? Quardo gives you a large list of icons to assign to the "palettes" its UI uses and beyond a few directional arrows and some that apple uses it's really hard to come up with one. Doing so is great exercise but not for timid or those who feel time constrained. It's vocabulary generation. Takes the kind of work as learning a unknown language from scratch. Go see "The Arrival" if you haven't.

Artful perhaps includes elements like how quickly a palette show up - slowly (how slowly, adjustably slowly?) how quickly it goes away (again adjustable?). The color, shape, texture, drop shadow, transparency, etc. of the background if any. All the text attributes including typeface, formatting, letter and word spacing. All the great things you see in Pages and PowerPoint effects for bringing and removing elements on and off the screen.

Think bigger than getting something done paradoxical as it sounds. Unless you've retired into a well endowed nest and have lots of services given to you, we must get stuff done, granted. My continued pushing the focus outside the current toolset is to move past function and put more more light in the realm of user experience. From the experience of using a palette, a palette occurs on the screen in the company of a bunch of other elements. Kinda like someone getting off a bus in the middle of a busy intersection with lots of action and other folks busily engaged in their own lives. This newcomer needs to fit in, needs to provide something even as they step off the bus. Just arriving on the scene needs to forward the action or at least not disturb it. It's like someone arriving in the middle of an intense set of actions and everyone is re-energized and speeds up as Captain America makes the scene. Artfulness is like that. Its presence uplifts.

Think movie scene production. All the elements in the scene are controlled, considered. It's a BIG shift to think like this moving from a more functional let's just get something done perspective. It's what sets a GUI from a character command based UI. It's bringing Beauty to the party. She's a fine lady and doesn't just show up anywhere. The stage must be set. It's a considerable investment that's inappropriate to consider in the beginning when things are just being built.

Bring artful to KM, a tall request that the environment must accept and I don't think it's time has quite come. It still just a dream on the horizon.

Nice option to dragging, aiming and firing the damn cursor another few miles and hundred rounds. Yet, a refreshing break from cursor monotony. Suffers from focus and movement costs (need to find option among many (where's Waldo), decipher key, find and press key. Big focus and time costs. Too many steps (or notes as the Emperor simplistically said to Amadeus). Still a worthwhile option for the welcome visual and kinesthetic break its variety brings.

[quote="BernSh, post:7, topic:5642"]
... typed string triggers ... share hotkey's Achilles Heel of needing to be memorized[/quote]

Two quick and easy ways to solve those problems:

Use just one hotkey for all macros.
Let KM conflict pallet sort 'em out.
Memorize only one hot key.

Limit each palette to 5 by having a "cascade" of palettes as a decision tree.
The most elementary technique in Artificial Intelligence.
No practical limit.
Can discuss more, if you wish: probably best on a separate thread.

A large pallet with the flexibility of Quadro [/quote]

I don't know, "Quadro".
Please post a screen shot or two of what you like about the palette flexibility there.

KM offers much finer selection.
Windows can be named and Regular Expressions are allowed.
Very powerful.
If you are not selecting "available in windows...", I suggest worthwhile to experiment.

However, that was/is confusing to me at first.
I'm still experimenting, still learning.
Worth a topic here if you wish to go into detail.

Have some mechanism (tokens?) to insert a "most frequently used" or "most current" or "tied to this app" section in the list would be good and again not in current feature set and would likely fatigue the list in a hurry. [/quote]

I like that line of of thinking.
And the good news is, yes, can do within the current feature set.
But doesn't use those names.

One approach is cascading conflict palettes (mentioned above).
I use that often with excellent results.

Another could be to name macros "most recently used" in variables, and manipulate with Switch/Case action to enable/disable macro groups "on the fly".
I have not tried anything like that, but it is very tempting.
And now that you've mentioned it, even more tempting.

would be incredible IF I could move a selected file or folder to the location I navigate to, but that's another box of tissues)[/quote]

I'm not so sure of this, because I only tried BTT for a few days.
However, BTT can trigger KM macros directly.
If you can write a KM macro to "move selected folder" described above, then BTT can trigger it, yes?
Is there a larger problem that I don't see?

Useful food for thought.
I especially like your concept of "space providing/opening".
Will think about that as a conscious design goal.

No 'maybe' about it.
It is the heart of this discussion, and plenty of other discussions on this forum, too.

This discussion aims to [focus on] the user facing frontend [/quote]

I think about that a lot, too, so am very pleased to read your observations.

I see much unused potential, already within KM, for reducing demands on our memory.
Would make an excellent topic all by itself.

Same here when I tried to use "Cheat Sheet" for that purpose.

I can't imagine where a man picks up an idea like that about himself.

Please allow me to disagree.
I estimate we can get 80% of what you've mentioned above, within the current feature set.
Not fancy, not sexy, no ... but workable.
The missing ingredient is our imagination in creating macros (especially for AI) and in refining palettes.

Interesting, indeed.
And fun, too.

Using some clever AI, a palette could show up a moment before it's needed, at the position on the screen where it will be most efficient to use.

But do I want to invest time and effort to do that?
No.
I'm content with what KM offers now.

My continued pushing the focus outside the current toolset is to move past function and put more more light in the realm of user experience. [/quote]

You have my attention.
Possibly others', too.

What's next?

One hotkey=long list=listitis
Doable not workable

Sorting out via conflict pallet
Again doable not workable in simplicity of a light switch kinda way.

If you haven't read or watched David Pogue's Ted Talk "Simplicity Sells" "David Pogue: Simplicity sells | TED Talk"
Here's a piece:

"Now, I'm not saying that Apple is the only company who has embraced the cult of simplicity. Palm is also, especially in the old days, wonderful about this. I actually got to speak to Palm when they were flying high in the '90s, and after the talk, I met one of the employees. He says, "Nice talk." And I said, "Thank you. What do you do here?" He said, "I'm a tap counter." I'm like, "You're a what?" He goes, "Well Jeff Hawkins, the CEO, says, 'If any task on the Palm Pilot takes more than three taps of the stylus, it's too long, and it has to be redesigned.' So I'm the tap counter."

Taps are clicks or taps on a trackpad and function as an action the user must take to get something to happen. Moving from the keyboard to the trackpad/mouse counts as at least one action and examined more closely lots of smaller actions. Locating the cursor is an action, moving/tracking the cursor around the screen is an action. Clicking on a conflict pallet is certainty an action then clicking down thru a series of conflict pallets (scrolling over a list that activates by hovering over so you can just glide rather than click down thur is smoother) is a series of actions/decisions with each conflict pallet functioning as a list to read and respond to. Very doable and from within the looking of staying within the current paradigm/available feature set is a fine way to go and doesn't open the envelope/break any chains.

Quadro

Like/challenge: Takes over the whole iPad/iPhone screen: would need to appear/disappear in a hurry as a form of elaborate pallet. Appearance/disappearance speed needs to be adjustable to suit viewer. Final brightness/transparency needs to be adjustable as well.

Like that with BTT it could be evoked with a swipe or tap on the trackpad.

Tapping on the trackpad note:
Another factor in all this (no eyerolling please) is what it takes to press a key on the keyboard. My fingertips are really sensitive and the sensation of typing is not in the pleasant realm for me which is in part why I dislike typing. The newest chiclet style magic keyboards that come with the newest iMacs are the best ever by a long shot and still nowhere near a pleasing as the very light taps and scrolling/panning that the magic trackpads provide.

Colors/shapes/icons intermingle to play a central role in easing cognitive load of locating desired action. Someone with a "artistic eye" (not me) could create a pleasing harmonious pallet of colors/shapes/icons that are a pleasure to see each time they show up. The current set as shown is simplistic and child's blocks kindergardenish hard and bright and fatiguing to see. This approach still incurs a creating and learning a new language/shorthand cost so must be worth the investment and compelling enough to draw the user in.

I assume you mean all the options in the dropdown menus within the "Available in all applications." etc. menus. Yes, I've seen them and haven't done the work of thinking thru how to use them in combinations beyond limiting pallets to showing up within a single app and "Shows a pallet for one action when:" to get it to show up for hotkey activation. How are you using these settings to get what to show up?

KM wiki says:
"Keyboard Maestro uses ICU Regular Expressions (aka RegEx or RegExp) which is very similar to PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions), and you can read their documentation by choosing ICU Regular Expression Reference from the Help menu in Keyboard Maestro."

Hmmm...
The ICU Regular Expression Reference page starts with:

"ICU's Regular Expressions package provides applications with the ability to apply regular expression matching to Unicode string data. The regular expression patterns and behavior are based on Perl's regular expressions. The C++ programming API for using ICU regular expressions is loosely based on the JDK 1.4 package java.util.regex, with some extensions to adapt it for use in a C++ environment. A plain C API is also provided."

This is above my paygrade :smirk: and there is a significant price to pay to play within this powerful arena. It's a fine path that I'm not currently walking. It's a well developed language/sets of concepts to learn and practice. What do you make of it? Yes give me some small bite to chew on for awhile.

Please share your catch when you come back to the surface.

BIG "IF" here. I went down this rabbit hole and ended up with some very nice examples that were very patiently and very generous given to me:

Not sure how to reference another thread. Here is a copy/paste of the URL:

I played with and used the examples a bit but then they broke and I couldn't fix them and rather than spend the time to learn to fix them, which would have been worthwhile, I just abandoned them. Feels crummy to say, like I did something wrong (pass a tissue please ;))

Yes, as an outcome of good design the result must be welcoming. One useful meaning given to "Enrolling" has been to leave someone in action. One is enrolled into something when the exposure to it leaves you in action. So a welcoming entrance leaves you walking thru it not just standing at the threshold. A welcoming/enrolling pallet/action leaves you evoking and using it.

Your being enrolled in this conversation leaves you taking the actions to reply. Taking action is perhaps the most important outcome of providing space. Not just any old space or opening but a space you are compelled to and do actually enter and engage with.

Please tease some of this out. Say what you've seen. I think we are WAY pass discussing a topic and into a general conversation about design which I hope isn't breaking too many rules or countering the intentions of our hosts :slightly_frowning_face:. The ice feels thin here...

Just me foolishly trying to manage the unmanageable.

(This in my not humble opinion–shoot me now–is the motherload) Yes and the next step is to ask why. "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."—Picasso

One of the best expressions of this issue was in Ken Robinson's Ted talk "Do schools kill creativity?" Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity? | TED Talk. Seems way off topic like a trip to the moon off but I couldn't agree more that imagination IS missing.

I think the biggest ingredient is just not having the guts to take the risks. Takes huge courage to step out of the crowd. To stick your neck out, to be vulnerable (meaning to be open to harm).

More immediately, the urgingly impatience that comes to grip us when we start to feel the need to do something, to accomplish something, to get something done (which often but not always is the case) that urgency that drives us past just "being with" something that won't "let it be" that almost impossible realm of being is where a conversation about design leads that drives the folks who can only tolerate the practical, crazy. Just on the other side of that final urgency is a spaciousness, a wide open sky of clear lightness and endless possibility/creativity. It takes something to get pass the strong feelings to move and take action rather then just be with and allow/remain in the experience, in the moment.

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”― Rainer Maria Rilke

Content for now...

Next is back to the immediate, get intro letters out, get more business, make money, make car payments and holiday gift happen, chop wood, carry water.

Thank you again for this enrolling space you've open. It's been a gift.

1 Like

Returning to the original topic:

Any palette can be reduced to very small size.
But the little, square, gray button of the global macro palette,appears to be fixed size.

A palette could have several icon/buttons, similar size as tool bar (top right).

Earlier today, on a different thread here, I explained exactly how to do that.
A link is below.
Does that solve this resize question?

If yes, please click below to indicate on the forum that the problem is solved.

Here's the link to re-size instructions:

https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/request-make-km-master-palette-icon-smaller/5651/9?u=mark

Thanks Mark. And thanks for showing me how to mark a thread complete.

The problem is an aesthetic one and no suggestion so far fix it.

The link explains how to shrink palettes.
If it needs more explaining, please specify where.

If the problem is not shrinking, but aesthetic design, then read on.
More below.

I'm going to filter/curate your long post above to sharpen the focus on KM.

[quote="BernSh, post:9, topic:5642"]
One hotkey=long list=listitis. Doable not workable ... Sorting out via conflict pallet Again doable not workable in simplicity of a light switch kinda way.[/quote]

Not accurate.
Conflict palette is highly workable, almost "artificial intelligence" within KM.
Decision tree format.
One hot key; cascading conflict palettes, each can be just two choices, (but 3-4-5 is more practical).
Fits the "light switch" criteria you asked for in previous posts.

Sequence of hot key triggers can be as easy as ".A B C"
Quickly learn in muscle memory, so don't need to even read the pallets as they flash by.
Instantly fast - as fast as fingers can fly over the keys.

Taps are clicks or taps on a trackpad and function as an action the user must take to get something to happen. [/quote]

It's a spectrum, not either/or.

Taps/clicks counter-balance memorization.
More of one, less of the other.
KM smoothly accommodates anywhere on the spectrum.

Quadro[/quote]

Thank you for posting screen from Quadro (in post above).
I'd never seen it before.

From a human-factors perspective, many things wrong.
I hope the developer of KM does not start imitating Quadro.

Colors/shapes/icons intermingle to play a central role in easing cognitive load of locating desired action. [/quote]

Important, yes.
But I wonder if the premise for your complaints and feature requests is simple lack of knowledge about KM capabilities.

Stylish icons and palettes are not built in, true, but can add easily to KM.
Paste into icon well of any macro, or include in "custom html prompt" action.

Another possibility:
Discussion here, a few weeks ago, using KM's "draw clipboard" action to create, on the fly, a dynamic template for BTT actions.

The current set ... is simplistic and child's blocks kindergardenish hard and bright and fatiguing to see. This approach still incurs a creating and learning a new language/shorthand cost so must be worth the investment and compelling enough to draw the user in ... Someone with a "artistic eye" (not me) could create a pleasing harmonious pallet of colors/shapes/icons that are a pleasure to see each time they show up. [/quote]

I am a student of languages: both human and computer.
That is the kind of complaint I hear from myself when I begin to learn any new language.
It merely indicates insufficient fluency on my part.

KM appears designed for high-intensity users, not for dabblers.
Just like a language, it takes time, effort, practice to become fluent.
I notice, on this forum, among the most fluent users, there are no complaints about lack of an "artistic eye".

options in the dropdown menus within the "Available in all applications." etc. menus. ... How are you using these settings to get what to show up?[/quote]

Many forum topics already about that, and many pages on the wiki, too.

This is above my paygrade :smirk: and there is a significant price to pay to play within this powerful arena. [/quote]

No, does not have to be "significant price".

Learn just a few RegEx expressions, one at a time, as you need them.
Small, one-time, effort
Big, repeating, benefits, including to specify macro group availability.

I started with just two RegEx concepts of "and" and "or".
Opened up answers to "limits" you have mentioned.

For more on Reg Ex, many web pages mentioned on this forum.

A way to add in a bit of artificial intelligence to macros.
Macros, running in the background, anticipate what you're likely to need, just before you need it.

Could do now -- without any new features in KM.
A worthwhile topic, but worth a separate thread, not buried here.

This forum can alleviate those problems.
Why not simply post about the broken ones?

Sounds hippy, dippy, summer-of-love to me.
I prefer simple, reliable, and done.

More immediately, the urgingly impatience that comes to grip us when we start to feel the need to do something, to accomplish something, to get something done (which often but not always is the case) that urgency that drives us past just "being with" something that won't "let it be" that almost impossible realm of being is where a conversation about design leads that drives the folks who can only tolerate the practical, crazy. Just on the other side of that final urgency is a spaciousness, a wide open sky of clear lightness and endless possibility/creativity. It takes something to get pass the strong feelings to move and take action rather then just be with and allow/remain in the experience, in the moment. [/quote]

A topic for some other forum.

Well, we've covered the topic of "resize palette shrink down to size" from every, possible, dimension.
And a lot of fun it has been.

If you want to continue with other topics of interest related to KM, I hope you will make the effort to sharpen the focus first, then post.
And I'm very willing to help with focus sharpening.