Resize Window on Application Launch Fails to Run

I set up a very simple macro to have the window resize when Vivaldi launches. The only action is the Move and Resize action. I chose to have it resize the front window to Full Screen. This seemed to work the very first time it ran, but now nothing happens when I launch Vivaldi. If Vivaldi is open with a window and I click on Try in KM, it gets resized.

I have tried changing the move and resize positions, but it still doesn't run on launch. So I'm not sure what's wrong or if it's a bug or what.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but this macro works just fine here. The Move and Resize action alone also works (Vivaldi 5.7.2921.60)

Howdy, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

If possible, post the macro itself so we can take a look at it and see what might be going wrong. As one of the moderators likes to say, "If we're not testing we're guessing, and guessing often wastes people's valuable time". :laughing: If you need help on how to post the macro, just let us know and we can walk you through it.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this tutorial, I highly recommend it. It will help you get the most help for your question.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

All that being said, are you sure the front window exists when the macro is triggered? Because oftentimes when applications launch (as opposed to activate), it takes several seconds for the front window to exist, which means if your macro is being triggered by the “application launches” trigger, it is likely being triggered too early. You may need some sore of pause until front window exists. You can look at the KM Engine log to see if there are any “action failed” entries when you run the macro to see what is going on. Also, posting your macro will help us give you better insight into the issue.

-Chris

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I added the "pause" and it seems to be working now. I'm pretty sure that I had tried that already.

I'll take a look at that tutorial as well.

-David

1 Like