Retrobatch (right click on icon + set the good file)

Hello !
I have Retrobatch application and i want to select ICON + right click on it. And after that, i have 1 on 3 selected files to choose. Is that possible to to this with Keyboard Maestro ?

Thanks for your help!
Steve

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do.

Is the icon in the Retrobatch UI, or is it the Retrobatch application icon you are trying to right click on?

How are the files then selected manually?

@peternlewis Sorry for the delay for my answer.

When i start Retrobatch apps, i need to right click on the icon and select ''resizeimage33.retroback'' see picture.
CleanShot 2023-08-29 at 20.01.05@2x

I try many thing, but nothing work :slightly_frowning_face:
If you have any idea, i will really happy :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for your help
GiLLiGaN

That looks to me to be opening the Resizeimage33.retrobatch file with the Retrobatch application via the Dock. If that is what you are trying to do, just use the Open a File action and select the Resizeimage33.retrobatch file and the Retrobatch application.

The problem is, i need to right click to see the files appears. And after, i have to select file. :slightly_frowning_face:

So is it a different file each time?

You can right click on the Dock icon. I would not recommend it as a good way of automating, but you can. You'd want to make sure the dock size does not change though, otherwise you wont be able to find the image or its location.

I confirm that is always the same file. If you know how to program this, i will try :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks

Hi Steve - this is very straightforward since you say you want to use the same file each time.

This macro demonstrates what you need to do - just make sure of the following:

• You've enabled the macro and assigned a hot key trigger
  • You have put the correct pathname to your Retrobatch file that you want to open in the Open action

Download Macro(s): Test Retrobatch.kmmacros (1.6 KB)

Macro-Image

Keyboard Maestro Export

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.
System Information
  • macOS 10.15.7
  • Keyboard Maestro v10.2

There's no need for clicking on icons etc!

Let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

@tiffle Thanks ! Thats perfect :+1:t2:

1 Like