Right-click at current text cursor location in MS Word?

Hello,

I'd like to use Keyboard Maestro to perform a right-click at the current text cursor (not mouse pointer) location.

What I'm trying to achieve is: in Microsoft Word, if I type a word incorrectly, I want to use the keyboard arrows to move the text cursor back over the word that's now highlighted in red, and press a key shortcut to right-click it, so that I can choose a correction from the list that appears.

I found this discussion thread, but I don't think it answers my question:

Thanks a lot,
Ian.

First off I use KM to autocorrect words I commonly mis-spell
e.g. manger > manager; ok > OK, eg > e.g. etc

I do this is KM as it is then available in all programs e.g. mail, pages etc
and these are all in a macrogroup named TEXT

Also try checking out this thread....

Unfortunately the macOS does not, in general, provide the location of the text cursor.
But here's a solution that brings up the Word Spell Check. Maybe that will work for you:

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Show Spell check in MS Word [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-09-11 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Show Spell check in MS Word [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

1 Like

Hello.

Thanks for your reply. It's a real shame macOS doesn't allow this to happen.

I found that if I added five presses of the Tab key to the end of your macro, this moves the focus so that I could then use the arrow keys to manually select the correct AutoCorrect entry.

Here's how I modified it:

This is what then appears:

It's not a full solution, because you can't just simply press enter to fully add the entry to autocorrect, but it helps.

Thanks,
Ian.

2 Likes