RingCentral dial current selected text

I've written a quick macro to dial the selected phone number (in any text document) with the RingCentral for Mac application.

I've added a couple of pauses in the macro to make it work reliably, but if anyone can find a better way, I'd love to see your improvement.

If I can figure out how to upload the macro I'll do so here.09 PM

Thanks for sharing your macro.

See:
KM Wiki: How to Post/Upload Your Macro to the Forum

Some thoughts to consider for possible improvement:

1. Never use an Action Type a Keystroke with the same keystroke that is used to trigger the macro. This can result in unpredictable behavior.
  2. Avoid use of hard coded Move and Click at specific coordinates, unless there is no other way to achieve your objective.
  3. Instead of a hard-coded Pause, consider use of Pause Until action (KM Wiki).
    • It allows a number of conditions, including Window Title, to be used.

Please feel free to ask follow-up questions.

I’m not using the same keystroke to invoke the macro; in RingCentral I use CTRL-OPT-CMD-D (it can be configured for anything one wants to use), and for the macro I use F2.

Unfortunately, none your ideas can be used here; the button that needs to be clicked is not named, it has no key-equivalent, and the window’s name doesn’t change between the 2 different views. That’s why I was forced to use pauses in order to allow RingCentral’s mediocre application to do what it needs to do.

If RingCentral would simply add a DIAL menu option, none of this would be necessary.

I was referring to this:

Is the app a web page, or a native Mac app?

• If web page, then you might be able to use JavaScript
  • If Mac app, you might be able to use AppleScript UI scripting

I must’ve changed the bottom keystroke… it’s now CTRL-OPT-CMD-D.

It’s a (rather lousy) Mac app, but I couldn’t get AppleScript to do what I needed.