Running via Voice Control and "By URL" not working

Hi there!

Very new to Keyboard Maestro, so no doubt I'm missing something. I've got a macro (found on discussion board) to turn off/on wifi. I have trouble with my hands, so I use voice control. From what I've read on the forums, I should be able to use the By URL field in the trigger window in the Voice Control --> Commands --> Perform Open URL. When I activate this command, however, Voice Control recognizes it as a command but nothing happens.

When I click "Try" from within KM or use the keyboard shortcut, it works perfectly. Here's the URL I'm pasting into Voice Control Commands:

kmtrigger://macro=Reset%20Wifi
kmtrigger://macro=B1F0E5D8-0328-4787-8DEA-A65EBEB7CDFE
kmtrigger://macro=Reset%20Wifi&value=Whatever
kmtrigger://macro=B1F0E5D8-0328-4787-8DEA-A65EBEB7CDFE&value=Whatever

What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks so much.

try using the 2nd row

can you share your macro

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 10.34.32 AM

I'm afraid the second line row didn't work either.

What am I missing?

To be absolutely clear; the URL you supply to the Voice Control command must be

kmtrigger://macro=B1F0E5D8-0328-4787-8DEA-A65EBEB7CDFE

or

kmtrigger://macro=Reset%20Wifi

in order to trigger your macro.

Since you say

what actual URL are you giving it?

Hi there. I'm using this:

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 12.17.21 PM

That looks OK. Is your Reset Wifi macro in the Global Macro Group?

It is, but I wonder if the below might be a problem?It seems that each time I come back to the app,The URL scheme isn't showing.

Might this have something to do with it?

No, that’s not it. That is just there to show you what the URL should be and give you an easy way to copy it so you can paste it elsewhere. So whether it is showing or not it should always be ”active”.

I don’t know enough about the Voice Command features. Is it possibly because it is expecting the URL to be an actual web-based one, rather than one relating to an app?

It might be. I am new to all of this. But I saw on a different thread that these URL schemes should be working with voice control.

Is the Voice Control command recognized by macOS?

Do you have Hints Enabled in Voice control?

Is Reset a separate command?

I've just tried this on my Mac.

Macro:
KM 0 2021-08-16_18-58-49

Voice command:
KM 1 2021-08-16_19-00-00

and it works, However, I'm still on Mojave so I'm using enhanced dictation - what's your OS?

Works here as well. Using Big Sur.

Enable in Voice Over the “Play Sound when command is recognized”, to see if Voice Over detects the voice command.

Also, to help debug in Keyboard Maestro, add to the macro a “Display Notification” action, that will help you see if the macro is Triggered.

Just looked again at your macro and in it you first turn WiFi off and then, after a delay, you turn WiFi on again.

If your WiFi is already on, then running your macro would look like nothing is happening! Is this the problem? In other words, how do you know it’s not being triggered?

Voice Control is definitely recognizing the command, as it's playing the sound, but nothing is actually happening.

That's why I added the 2 seconds. When I trigger it by clicking "Try," the wifi icon moves up and down abet and then reconnects. Using Voice Control, though, does nothing.

Ok, I just tried it again and it worked via Voice Control. I changed absolutely nothing. Who knows!? Thanks all for analyzing this with me.

2 Likes

I’m so glad it’s working as I’d run out of ideas!

1 Like