Save Chrome Windows & Tabs To Reopen Later

I’d like to save multiple Chrome windows and the tabs for each, to reopen later and continue where I left off. Additionally I’d like to be able to do this multiple times, naming each “workspace” (eg: RegEx Practice July 14, 2016), saving them to a dropdown list, and preserve each set of workspaces until I delete them.

I don’t have a clue where to start, and searching the forums has been fruitless. Grateful for any help.

Thank you!

While this can probably be done using Keyboard Maestro, you might take a look at:
OneTab extension for Google Chrome and Firefox - save up to 95% memory and reduce tab clutter

It looks like this does exactly what I want, with the exception of being able to name each list of URLs. Thank you!

I’m still curious how to accomplish this with AS/KM. I’ve been tinkering with code I found from this site and am making slow progress. http://veritrope.com/code/export-all-chrome-tabs-to-a-text-file/

You might be able to use this macro as a starting point:

It says "Safari" in the Title, but it covers both Safari and Chrome.

Thank you, I will start here.

Take a look at the AppleScript to create HTML file recording Safari windows and tabs I just posted. It’s crude, and I’m not sure it’s exactly what you want, but it might give you some ideas.

Hey Christian,

This is all you have to do with Chrome for saving a window-tab-set:

tell application "Google Chrome" to set windowTabUrlList to URL of tabs of windows

Saving that raw list data to a file in the Finder makes later retrieval trivial.

If you're interested I'll post more later.

-Chris