ScanSnap Receipt

Hi all,

Hoping for some help please. I want to send certain files to the ‘ScanSnap Receipt’ program. This is one of the programs which came with the Fujitsu Scanner. I am looking to do this for existing files on the computer, not for files that need to be scanned.

Basically looking for a script or macro which imports the file(s) into Scansnap receipt. I don’t need to scan the file just have it imported into Scansnap receipt. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please provide the detailed manual steps you use to accomplish this workflow.
Then, perhaps we can be of more help.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Currently I do this:

1.Open Scansnap receipt software program
2.Click on the file(s) in Finder
3.Drag files to open ScanSnap window and they are automatically imported.

Looking to do this:

When a file has specific keywords in the name as identified by Hazel(Example Receipt):

1.Have that file imported into Scansnap receipt program.

Does that help? Thanks!

Instead of drag/drop, you could just select the files in the Finder, and then trigger this macro:

I don't have the ScanSnap Receipt app, so I can't test, but this should work.
If not let us know.

Thanks for the prompt feedback. This solution is a bit different from what I want to automate.

I don’t want to have to manually be part of the equation. Ideally I’d like to have the macro run when a file with a certain word (receipt) is in the file name and that file is dropped into a specific folder. Make sense?

Oops also forgot to include that just opening the app doesn’t automatically import the files. They have to be imported (there is a menu command for that). So no, they don’t have to be dragged and dropped to be imported, the import can be accessed from the menu.

Maybe this would work for you: Folder trigger (KM Wiki). When the macro is triggered, you could check for the keyword in the file name.

That is helpful Thanks. I have Hazel handling the rules aspect for the folder trigger. Hazel can run an automator workflow, AppleScript or shell script based on the file being matched.

So, once the rule triggers an action by hazel (a designated script), I want to run that script on matched file, and have it imported into Scansnap receipt. Not sure if the script would trigger a macro, or if perhaps the script could carry out The whole action. Thoughts?

You can trigger a KM macro using an AppleScript.
See Script trigger (KM Wiki)

You might also do a google search of “Keyboard Maestro hazel” to see other options.

Will do. Thanks!

I tried the Macro you suggested. However, I am getting an error stating ‘source is not a full path’.

I imagine I’m doing something wrong but can’t seem to figure out. I did verify I copied the macro correctly. Ideas?

Please post your macro so we can be of more help.

As Naive as this sounds, I don’t know how to post the Macro. Export it and then upload it here? Lol

Send File to Scansnap Receipt.kmmacros (2.0 KB)

You did not use proper case with the Variable token:

It must be:
%Variable%Local_FilePath%

with a capital V

Oh wow, I didn’t realize it’s case specific when typing variable. Many thanks for your help!

@Motive8,

If one of the above posts solves your problem/question as originally stated, please check the “Solved” checkbox (click for details) at the bottom of that post.

Otherwise, please post your remaining questions/issues about this problem.
If you have other questions, please start a new topic.