Screen Capture Overwriting

Hi guys,
I was trying to make a simple task to run every 1h, but i have two problems:
1st: Is that the screenshot, it's overwriting every time when i try the action, even if i tried to save the file with GameScreenshot_%%ICUDateTime%%Y-%%m-%%d_%%H-%%M-%%S%%.png.
So, i need every single picture to be unique
2nd issue is: If i change Screen Capture Windows and specify words that containing the game, i get action failed, even if the game is running in the background, as per screen attached

Can you advise what i'm doing wrong?
Thank you

That looks like you've way more %s than you need, and some of your format codes are wrong. Try

GameScreenshot_%ICUDateTime%yyyy-MM-dd_HH-mm-ss%.png

See this page for the format codes used above.

1 Like

Tnx, now it's working
Waiting a solution for the 2nd issue

Have you tried moving the app into your /Applications folder?

If that doesn't help (or you don't want to move it) try changing the match type to "Bundle ID" (at the bottom of the popup where you select the app):

If that doesn't work you may be able to match by application name instead. If you only want to screenshot when it is the front app:

Or if you want to take a screenshot, maybe on a second display, while another app is frontmost:

The app it's located inside the /Applications folder.

Changing to "Bundle ID" it's working without any errors, but it's taking the screen on what app was last selected, can be the Browser, Keyboard Maestro or any other app, but not the game himself, even if it is always running in the background :upside_down_face:

Screen capture literally grabs what you can see on your screen -- you can't capture the contents of a window that's behind other windows. So the game window will either need to be frontmost or in an area of the screen where it isn't covered by other app's windows.

If that's not the problem then please post your macro. The actual macro, not some pictures, so people can check various action options, see the full text in fields, and so on. You'll find instructions on how to post a macro at How to Post/Upload your Macros and Scripts

1 Like