Search/Filter Images only in Clipboard History Switcher

Hi KMers,

As per title, is there a way to filter images only in the Clipboard History Switcher? Quite a handy productivity booster.

Thanks,
tt42

Not as far as I know.

@peternlewis?

I've occasionally wished for this feature – as well as the ability to filter by app.

Yes - filter by app will also be handy.

I am considering migrating my clipboard management function to KM.

What are you using now?

Alfred, for the ease of use and clean/simple interface.

I can filter for only images, but unfortunately it does not have thumbnails; so I will have to click through them to get the one I need.

I use LaunchBar for the same reason.

Unfortunately LB's heuristic search is not flexible and you just have to accept the way it works – so I use Keyboard Maestro in conjunction with LB.

That gives me a pure string search and provides a backup (which has saved me a number of times).

I thought about moving entirely to Keyboard Maestro (long ago), but experimenting with things led me to the solution I use now.

I also use Paste, because of its iOS integration, but I only run the app on the Mac at need.

I can filter for images in LaunchBar, and I can filter for app names as well – but I can't do both at the same time (which is aggravating).

LB doesn't have thumbnails either, but I can use Quick Look to swiftly peruse them.

Nice, Chris! Similar journey here.

I have created a few simple macros on KM and loving the productivity boost. I thought about migrating my Alfred workflow to KM, but it's counter-productive for some use cases.

So now, I am settling with Keyboard Maestro + Alfred + Karabiner-Elements, for most of my workflows.

Neat - I tried Paste a few years ago, great tool, especially when Apple didn't have cross OS/device clipboard sync. Now I just used the default Apple clipboard for the very rare occasion of cross-device paste.

That's a pretty synergistic set of tools.

I also recommend Typinator as another synergistic tool.

I have nearly 50,000 text-replacements including a large spelling set, and I would hate to try to manage them in any of my other tools. Typinator is built for it and does it well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, Chris.

I'd certainly check it out. Cheers. Tai

No.

Noted on the wish list.

2 Likes

Hi @peternlewis ,

Bundling another request related to KM clipboard please, for the wish list: add an option to adjust how long to keep the clipboard history.

Thanks
Tai

There is already a hidden Preferences that lets you control how many items are held in the clipboard history.

1 Like

Done for the next version.

2 Likes

That's awesome! Thank you, @peternlewis

1 Like