Select text sentence within a composed email in Mail app

If the following paragraph was in a newly composed email.
Would it be possible for KM to select "'spring', first time cleaning of a home that size" ?
I can 'find' that text but can not simply select it.
BTW, a character count from the beginning does not work due to the recipients name changing in length.
I do have a current solution using option arrows, etc etc, but it's a bit clunky.

Example:

An estimate for a 'spring', first time cleaning of a home that size would be 2 staff member(s) 6-7 hours.
Then recurring service either 4-weekly, bi-weekly or weekly could be 1 staff member for the amount of time
you requested with 5 (five) hours being the minimum.

It's not perfect but it's less clunky than the option arrow method.
It basically finds and replaces the text you are looking for with that same text then leaves it selected.

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.1 “Select Text in Mail” Macro

Select Text in Mail.kmmacros (7.8 KB)

It may be possible to achieve your objective with AppleScript.
What is your end-objective?
What do you want to do with the selection?
If this is a new Mail Outgoing Message, how did you get the paragraph in the body?

What is your end-objective?
-To select a predetermined string of text
What do you want to do with the selection?
-Possibly replace it with different text ( I just realized a much easier way to do this! I currently have a dialog box that comes up before the 'send', I can add an option (button) -to do a find and replace right in mail.)
If this is a new Mail Outgoing Message, how did you get the paragraph in the body?
-Pasted a number of variables into the body

Or, just to the find/replace on the text you plan to paste into the body, before you do the paste.
You could use the KM Search and Replace Action.

1 Like

all that for.....
Well it took you asking me for the answer to become obvious, thank you for your help.
Cheers

Hey Guys,

This is generally the way to go when it's possible.

If/when you do need to reposition the text-selection in a Mail message the simplest method is to use Keyboard Maestro Set Find Pasteboard action and then a G Type a Keystroke action.

-Chris

1 Like

WOOF! =) nice man, had no idea about the 'Set Find Pasteboard' action.
Cheers

Hey Troy,

I should have mentioned that the Set Find Pasteboard action does NOT work with every application – only those that use Apple's designated Find Pasteboard.

This includes all Apple apps, and quite a few 3rd party apps.

-Chris

1 Like