`Send iMessage` Action: 2023 reliability and alternate methods

In 2023, are there still reliability issues with sending iMessages via AppleScript?

ie:

:warning: Warning: there have been cases where Messages sends the message to the wrong recipient. Do not send overly sensitive messages and verify delivery.

Via: actions:Send Message [Keyboard Maestro Wiki]

In my quick test (Monterey 12.6, KM 10.2), I found that the following (via Chris Pennington – Send iMessage With AppleScript) seems to work reliably:

on run argv
  tell application "Messages"
    set targetBuddy to "(XXX) XXX-XXXX"
    set targetService to id of 1st account whose service type = iMessage
    set textMessage to ( item 1 of argv )
    set theBuddy to participant targetBuddy of account id targetService
    send textMessage to theBuddy
  end tell
  log "Message sent"
end run

I wonder:

• Is this fundimentally the same as what Keyboard Maestro is using to pass information to Messages.app?
  • It would seem that targeting the Phone Number or Email Address of a contact would have less chance of sending to the wrong recipient. But I don't know why this "bug" occurs.

I see that the Messages Suite (in Script Editor.app) has a few ways to target what should be a unique ID:

participant n : A participant for an account.  syn buddy
elements

contained by application, accounts, chats.
properties

id (text, r/o) : The participant's unique identifier. For example: 01234567-89AB-CDEF-0123-456789ABCDEF:+11234567890
account (account, r/o) : The account for this participant.
name (text, r/o) : The participant's name as it appears in the participant list.
handle (text, r/o) : The participant's handle.
first name (text, r/o) : The first name from this participan's Contacts card, if available
last name (text, r/o) : The last name from this participant's Contacts card, if available
full name (text, r/o) : The full name from this participant's Contacts card, if available

But again, because I don't know what the fundamental issue is, maybe all of these methods are affected and unreliable.

Thanks.