Ok, so I have a challenging ask for anyone that would like to help.
In my TOS Java stock trading program, I have two monitors open.
On the left monitor I have a 2x2 grid with a total of 6 charts.
Each CELL in the grid has a ticker window at top left populated with a ticker (i.e. STOCK3)
On the right monitor I have my MAIN window with order flow and that's where orders are executed.
This window also has a ticker window at top left to type in a ticker. TOS refers to this as the "symbol entry" or "symbol selector" box.
Here is the workflow I'd like to have in place:
- I hover the cursor on any CELL in 2x2 grid (let's say CELL 3)
- Trigger: Hotkey
- Action: Send ticker (STOCK3) in top left of CELL 3 to MAIN ticker box
I know that "move mouse" commands are generally a last resort so I'd like to get this done with a script.
This is a Java program.
There is also a right click menu in TOS that accomplishes this workflow that could perhaps be scripted to a hotkey trigger. It goes like this:
- Click on "Symbol Actions Icon" on "Chart Header"
- Mouse over "Send STOCK3 to"
- Click on  BLUE (this is the MAIN window ticker box)
I have included pictures to better illustrate the desired workflow automation:
Any ideas on how to map this workflow to a hotkey?
Thanks in advance.