Set Safari Field Command Not Working

Hello, I am on Mac OS 11.2 on an M1 Mac mini. I have used the action "Set Safari Field to Text" in the past with my other Macs without issue. Now, KM9 reports "No Fields Found".

I have ensured that Keyboard Maestro is allowed to control Safari in Security and Privacy -- > Automation.

I have verified that other Safari actions such as New Safari Tab with URL work perfectly.

Can anyone help me find a solution?

Hey @peedah315,

Welcome to the forum!   :smile:

Are you testing on the M1 with the same pages you tested with on other Macs?

That action is NOT infallible. Web code can be very complex, and the search algorithms it employs only go so far. Sometimes you have to use the developer tools to ferret out the code for a field yourself.

A few ideas:

Make sure the highlighted item is ON in Safari's Develop menu (enabled in the advanced prefs).

-Chris

Hi Chris, thank you this reply. Enabling "Allow JavaScript from Apple Events" fixed the Set Safari Field to Text issue. I did a basic search, but it looks like you are better at searching than I am!

That may be, but in this case I'm one of the first to discover the JavaScript restriction settings in Safari when Apple decided to castrate it without telling us.

Fortunately I had long since made the Develop menu visible and found the new settings pretty quickly.

-Chris