Setting a macro group palette appearance from AppleScript?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this in searching the forum.

What I am trying to do is to create a macro group that will display a palette via AppleScript; that part works find. However, I also want to set the appearance of the palette. Here is my code (stripped down to just the macro group creation for clarity):

tell application "Keyboard Maestro"
	set p to make new macro group with properties {name:"TEST PALETTE", activation xml:"
		<dict>
			<key>Activate</key>
			<string>OnceWithPalette</string>
			<key>AddToMacroPalette</key>
			<false/>
			<key>AddToStatusMenu</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DisplayToggle</key>
			<false/>
			<key>PaletteUnderMouse</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Theme</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Columns</key>
				<integer>4</integer>
				<key>Opacity</key>
				<integer>100</integer>
				<key>Size</key>
				<integer>19</integer>
				<key>Theme</key>
				<string>Evening</string>
				<key>UseDefaultInstead</key>
				<false/>
				<key>UseIcon</key>
				<false/>
				<key>UseTrigger</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>"}
end tell

The xml was obtained by using "Copy as xml" from another macro group displaying a palette customized the way I want it to appear.

The macro group is created, the show palette action works, but the appearance is the KM default and not the customization shown.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction; I assume I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I should probably also note that if I do:

tell application "Keyboard Maestro"
	set mg to macro group named "TEST PALETTE"
	properties of mg
end tell

I can see that the activation xml property does NOT contain any theme elements (nor do any other properties of the macro group, making me think that this information needs to be set in some other fashion.

The theme information DOES appear in the information obtained via copy as xml...so perhaps there is some other property I should be setting?