Shortcut to lock files?

I’m wondering if this utility (which I haven’t yet purchased but will be glad to if I can get this function) can create/enable a keystroke shortcut to lock files. I’ve just switched to Mac and am very used to Windows where I can lock files with a simple shortcut. Am hoping for the same here.

Thanks for any help…

Yes, Keyboard Maestro can do this simple function, and many, many more.
See Can I create a keyboard shortcut to lock a file in Finder? - Ask Different

Welcome to Keyboard Maestro, and to the Mac. You will probably suffer some "changing pains" with the Mac, but before long you will appreciate how much easier and better it is.
To help make your transition to the Mac easier, you may want to checkout these guides:

###Guides for Switching from Windows to Mac

###Keyboard Maestro Overview
Keyboard Maestro is the premier Mac automation tool. It can easily do almost anything you can do as a user.

You can use the visual programming environment (adding Actions (KM Wiki) to a Macro. And, if you need it, you can use a number of Scripting (KM Wiki) languages, including AppleScript and JavaScript for Automation (JXA), to write simple and complex scripts as part of a KM Macro. All of these scripts use Execute Script Actions (KM Wiki).

And last, but not least, is the great help you can get right here in the KM Forum. It is one of the most, if not the most, friendly and helpful forums I have ever used. Please feel free to ask any question even remotely related to KM, including any of the scripting languages it supports.

###Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro

• Read the Quick Start.
    • This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
  • Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
    • Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
  • Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
  • For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
  • Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
  • Start small, and grow your macros organically.
  • Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
  • Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
    • Search for existing macros
    • Post your questions/issues if you get stuck
1 Like