Show a specific line of a text-edit-document (content may changing) large on the screen

Hello guys!
I want to show a specific line of a text-edit-dokument (content may changing) large on the screen.
If anybody has any suggestions I would be thrilled...

So here an example:
I have a text-edit-document with the content

1 hello - hallo
2 dear - lieber
3 friend - freund

(I want to learn all this vocabulary)

now I want to get shown (for example) LINE 3 (friend - freund) 5 times a day (this one, you can do with a time trigger)

1. the location of the document does not change
  2. the content of the document may change, tomorrow it could be
1 hello - hallo
2 dear - lieber
3 dog - Hund

P.S.: To Change the Display size (for the people who don't know) you can use this:

defaults write com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine DisplayLargeTextDisplayPeriod -float 5.0

This should get you started. There is a lot you can add, but I didn't want to deny you the fun! :wink:

Two Macros

1. Select Text for Word-Of-The-Day (and enable or disable #2)
  2. Display Term-of-the-Day

Macro Setup

1. Enable Macros, and assign a trigger to #1.
  2. Choose days to trigger on Macro #2
  3. Edit Macro #1, and add your list of terms

How To Use

1. Trigger Macro #1 to select word of the day;
    OR
    CANCEL the process and disable Macro #2
  2. Have fun❗

Questions?

MACRO:   Select Text for Word-Of-The-Day [Example]

#### DOWNLOAD:
<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/original/3X/8/7/8761778407e2f7da4445127ed2bcac67db489455.kmmacros">Select Text for Word-Of-The-Day [Example].kmmacros</a> (5.8 KB)
**Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.**

---

![image|483x1381](upload://4UzVava29mCWmBOMOU2Alt23eXU.jpg)

---

### MACRO:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Display Term-of-the-Day [Example]

~~~ VER: 1.0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2018-08-11 ~~~

#### DOWNLOAD:
<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/original/3X/2/0/204e4d27ff565f3d906b0a2a4cfea571f76cf03a.kmmacros">Display Term-of-the-Day [Example].kmmacros</a> (2.1 KB)

<ins>Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.
The trigger is also effectively disabled because NO days were chosen.  Choose the days you want.</ins>

---

![image|483x553](upload://nwnrKQq5eAsiggJRv98WLUkZIgJ.jpg)
1 Like

@JMichaelTX This is so cool! Thank you so much! I tested it out a bit and already got great suggestions I never thought of! The prompt from List action somehow wasn't on my mind at all. For this specific case it is not useful for me, but I have a bunch of other macros I wanna implement it in.
For my vocabulary-stuff I will check out your [FILE] Process Lines in Text File Macro. I will post my macro here than in the next days, when I have time for that! Thank you very much indeed!

Fine. Use whatever works best for you. But keep in mind that Prompt With List action can use a file as its source.